LETOVO is a school in which each child will want to grow, achieve high academic, creative and sports results, communicate, be friends and just live while retaining strong Russian educational and cultural traditions. At Letovo we implement state of the art practices offered by top schools globally while retaining the best of established tradition.
Teachers at LETOVO School are responsible for creating a pedagogically-progressive learning environment where students can demonstrate thoughtful and ethical behavior and ensure that the values and principles of the IB learner profile are at the heart of learning and relationships in the school.
We want to recruit a qualified and dynamic Biology Teacher who is internationally-minded with a demonstrable deep understanding of and passion for Letovo School vision, mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and use core learning skills and teaching strategies in Biology in DP.
- Plan, prepare, develop and deliver courses of study in Biology to a range of classes according to Letovo curriculum guidelines and school requirements
- Inspire and lead students to ensure they are motivated
- Observe, assess and monitor students’ on-going progress. Prepare assignments and tests for internal assessment and homework in the subject
- Tailor and differentiate courses of study and lessons to meet the individual needs of student’s levels of academic ability and prior knowledge
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding students’ progress and student needs
- Maintain a safe, secure, and stimulating learning environment
- Be willing to take on pastoral duties, such as taking on class tutor role and supporting students on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
- Prepare students for internal and external examinations
- Cooperate and collaborate with the management to maintain accreditation with the relevant competitive examination and validating bodies
- Attend school, faculty meetings and trainings
Relevant Qualifications and Desired Experience:
- Degree in Biology
- Minimum 5 years of IBDP teaching experience
- Current certificate in teaching
- Strong teaching experience of students in the middle and diploma years’ age group.
- Having had experience in teaching ESL students learning Biology
- Experience of teaching gifted and talented students (preferred)
- Initial appointment for two years and thereafter annually renewable
- Highly competitive salary
- Flexible working hours (36 hours per week)
- 56 days of paid holidays
- Accommodation on campus (apartment)
- Paid flights once a year
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses
- Medical insurance (including dentistry)
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. A criminal record check is required for all successful applicants.
Please send your application to email@example.com