The German Swiss International School (GSIS) is one of Hong Kong's leading international schools with 240 faculty and staff providing quality, holistic education to a multinational student body of approximately 1250 students. The school is organised into two Streams, German and English leading to qualifications in the German International Abitur and I/GCSE & IBDP respectively. We are inviting applications from experienced and qualified candidates for the following position commencing in August 2021.
IB DIPLOMA PROGRAMME COORDINATOR
(English International Stream - Secondary Department)
The IB Diploma has been running at the school since 2013 (first examinations in 2015) and we are very proud of our outstanding results placing us amongst some of the top IB schools in the world. This achievement is due to the dedication and commitment of our students and staff within a supportive learning environment. The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) Coordinator is responsible for leading the IB Diploma Programme and will work with the Senior Management of the English Secondary School to ensure the efficient administration of the IBDP programme within the whole school curriculum.
Working with the IBDP subject teams, the IBDP Coordinator will oversee all aspects of the implementation and development of the taught curriculum for the senior years. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that internal and external assessments are administered and documented as per IBO requirements. They will also oversee the professional development requirements of IB subject teachers. The IBDP Coordinator will work closely with the Student Support Team, in particular the Head of Years 12 & 13, and with the University Counselling team on the pastoral provision for the IB students.
The successful candidate will offer:
• Evidenced experience of pedagogical leadership of the Diploma within an IB World School particularly the IB Core and Approaches to Teaching;
• Teaching qualification
• Evidenced experience of leading and coordinating the Five-Year Review (2023);
• Excellent leadership skills as well as interpersonal and administrative skills, particularly in managing and maintaining the IB Diploma Calendar;
• Significant experience of teaching an IB Diploma subject(s), examining experience is preferred and membership of the IBEN an advantage;
• Secure knowledge of IBDP curriculum development, subject reviews and assessment initiatives;
• Experience of working with the ManageBac platform would be an advantage;
• Possess the academic experience necessary to establish and maintain credibility with students, parents, staff and IB professionals both within and outside the GSIS community;
• Establish academic connections with organisations and individuals within and beyond Hong Kong that will further enrich the IB Diploma programme;
• The ability to think and lead strategically across the English Stream Secondary School.
GSIS offers an excellent working environment in an international school within a dynamic community. We welcome candidates who show a commitment to continuous professional development and are willing to contribute to wider school activities.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume via the GSIS online recruitment portal (https://www.gsis.edu.hk/careers/job-openings/) to the Director of Human Resources.
Further information on the school, its facilities and programmes is available on the school’s website https://www.gsis.edu.hk/.
Applicants not invited for interview after six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
GSIS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Full background checks will be conducted to safeguard all students at GSIS.
German Swiss International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
The German Swiss International School (GSIS) is one of Hong Kong's leading international schools with 240 faculty and staff providing dual language education to a multinational student body of more than 1250 students.