The International School of Como is a lively, friendly and expanding school located in the beautiful Como area.
ISC mission is to empower all students to be active, reflective and responsible life-long learners who can achieve their full potential and contribute to an ever-changing world. The school ethos is based on the attributes of the IB Learner Profile and a constructivist approach to teaching and learning.
ISComo is a recognized IB World school, authorized to offer the full International Baccalaureate (IB) continuum: the Primary Years Programme (PYP, ages 3-11), Middle Years Programme (MYP, ages 11-16) and Diploma Programme (DP, ages 16-18).
The International School of Como was founded in September 2002, to serve both Italian nationals looking for an international education and international families living in the Como area. In September 2011 we moved into our definitive purpose-built campus in the nearby village of Fino Mornasco, 6 km South of the beautiful lake Como. Our modern and spacious campus was designed to foster collaborative approaches to teaching and learning. We feel lucky with our three brand new science laboratories fitted with state-of-the-art equipment, two big central libraries, as well as studios for visual arts, drama, and music, supported by the sports facilities.
ISC currently has an enrollment of 320 students representing over 42 nationalities, with over 70 dedicated faculty and administration.
More information about the school can be found on our school’s dedicated TES page at https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/-1058509 as well as on our website at http://www.iscomo.com . The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to Inspired, (www.inspirededu.co.uk ), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
Due to an unexpected vacancy, ISC seeks to appoint a teacher of Physics with Science to join our Middle school and High school Science department, together with two other teachers (one Chemistry specialist, one Biology specialist). Applicants must have high school experience in teaching Physic (such as IB MYP, DP, IGCSEs, A-levels, AP) and be excited by the challenge of contributing to curriculum development.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic teacher with experience of enabling students to achieve their potential. We are looking for the right balance between experience, enthusiasm and a passion for teaching which will inspire our students.
The successful candidate will understand the importance of being part of a department team and the faculty team as a whole. An understanding of how to develop students whose first language is not English will be important.
This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of a relatively new secondary school, to a successful and growing science department, in addition to teaching in the IB Diploma.
• Hold an EU passport
• Appropriate degree and teaching certification
• Outstanding classroom results and experience with external exam preparation
• Minimum of three years of teaching experience
• A passion for education and working with students
• A visionary leader who is willing to participate in the development of the High School
• A desire to contribute and foster a positive IB learning community
• Ability to contribute to curriculum development in Physic
• Ability to work as a team member within a department and in an interdisciplinary team
• Ability to develop students in Physic high and standard level, where English is an additional language
• Commitment to the IB standards and practices and to the IB Learner Profile
• Superior communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience in an international or multicultural school
• IB Diploma experience
Salaries and Benefits
• Nationally competitive salary and benefits.
• The initial contract will be for a period of two years after which there may be the possibility of converting the contract into a permanent position of employment.
• Tax free status for two years if moving from outside of Italy
• Moving and settling in allowance
• Free lunches at school
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the standard TES application form via the TES “apply now/quick apply” link or send a single PDF to the Head of School, Mrs. Ferloni, at email@example.com in both cases including the followings:
· A letter outlining your educational philosophy,
· CV with photo;
· Contact details of three referees (one of which must be a supervisor from the most recent appointment), who you give your consent for us to approach before the interview.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis via Skype and face-to-face.
We aim to fill in the vacancy as soon as possible and we appreciate an immediate start.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory references and criminal record checks.