ICT Network Manager
Closing date: 11.00am Friday 26 February
Interview: Week Commencing Monday 1 March
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: £39,000-£45,000 FTE depending on skills and experience
About United Learning
United Learning is a unique group of independent and state schools working together to achieve the best in everyone. Our vision is to provide excellent education so that all young people are able to make a success of their lives and, if we are to realise this vision, we need to make sure we attract, develop and reward the key ingredient – you.
To be responsible for delivering, maintaining, and supporting technology At Walthamstow Academy and Goresbrook School, and for managing the staff within the service, including their activity, performance, and development. You will ensure that technology is effective in supporting the raising of educational standards across both schools. This role will be based at Walthamstow Academy and will involve approximately one day a week supporting our Goresbrook School. There is also the chance to work across more United Learning Schools in the future. This a strong career opportunity for someone looking to develop their responsibility across a small cluster.
• Overall management responsibility for the IT Service’s delivery, performance, and staff across the two academies.
• Being responsible for the operational management of IT Services that support teaching and learning, business, and administrative functions across the academies within the IT Service.
• Overseeing the provision of the Management Information Systems and other critical administrative systems used within the academies to ensure high availability and suitable performance.
• Writing/ reviewing and implementing all IT related policies, most crucially the Acceptable Use Policy, Data Security Policy, Disaster Recovery/ Business Continuity policies and any expert input required for Safeguarding.
• Developing existing systems, designing, and implementing new systems and associated technologies across the academies within the IT Service, to ensure ongoing affordability and fitness for purpose.
• Developing excellent working relationships with colleagues internally, centrally, and externally, participating in training and other learning activities as required.
Working for us
Walthamstow Academy opened its impressive new building in 2006 and since then we have achieved excellent results both at GCSE and at A Level. In 2019, Walthamstow Academy students achieved a Progress 8 score of 0.4). At A-Level, our students achieve excellently with many of them progressing to Russell Group institutions. Our school is oversubscribed on first choices alone. The Goresbrook School is a new, all-through school which has its first cohort of Year 11 students graduating this academic year.
At United Learning, we believe in the best in everyone. We have a relentless focus on high expectations and aim to identify barriers to success and provide necessary support as quickly as possible to ensure our students achieve. We do not accept excuses and always strive for the best.
The Academies are proud of our multi-cultural character and we celebrate the diversity of heritage in our community. A large proportion of our students are from minority ethnic groups, many coming from African, Caribbean, Eastern European, Turkish and Pakistani communities.
Within the communities served by the academies there is social and economic disadvantage with more than half of the students being eligible for Pupil Premium. Many students have a first language other than English and a significant number have low levels of literacy on entry. Many students enter the Academy with low levels of attainment and the staff work hard to add value to their performance.
Walthamstow Academy is located close to the North Circular Road, M11 and both Blackhorse Road and Walthamstow Central underground stations from where it takes about half an hour to get into central London. The Academy is situated in a part of London where property prices are still relatively inexpensive and within easy access of Epping Forest, the Lee Valley and rural Hertfordshire and Essex.
Walthamstow Academy has achieved the CPLD Gold Award in recognition of our investment in professional development, because we know that without our wonderful staff, what we have achieved would not be possible, so thank you for your interest in coming to work with us. It starts with someone like you believing you can contribute further to our community.