We are looking for an ICT Technician to provide outstanding IT support, advice and guidance, in accordance with ITIL and HarrisNet principles, to the staff and students at Chobham Academy.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in our central team or in one of our 47 academies. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- To provide an outstanding level of IT support and IT project related activities to staff and students at the academies in your care.
- To ensure that all IT support needs are logged, investigated and resolved (or escalated where appropriate) within the target time frames as dictated by the associated SLA.
- To image, deploy and maintain Windows 10 PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Apple Macs, iPads and other peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, interactive whiteboards and projectors, ensuring that this hardware is regularly tested and ready for use when required.
- To install and test new software and software updates / upgrades, ensuring compliance with software licensing regulations at all times.
- To work with the relevant teams to support the on-site infrastructure elements such as physical & virtual servers and networking devices, thus ensuring the availability and security of the network, data and applications.
- To administer user login accounts, distribution and security groups, ensuring that staff, students and trainees teachers have access to the data and resources they need.
In line with the Government’s announcement, our office is closed until further notice. However, during this period it is our intention to continue with critical recruitment for key positions. In place of academy interviews, alternative options will be offered so that no one is at a disadvantage, and applicants should expect telephone or virtual interviews, with the possibility of onsite academy interviews only in special cases. We want to reassure applicants that effective measures have been implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing whilst on academy/office premises.
Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
You will be able to demonstrate good knowledge and recent experience of:
- Microsoft Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365, Apple OS and desktop related software products.
- Citrix, Virtual Desktops, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Anti-Virus, Internet Access and security solutions.
- Administering AD login accounts, Distribution and Security Group membership within a Windows Server 2012 Active Directory.
- Supporting Windows 10 PCs, laptops and tablets.
- Supporting Apple products, specifically iPads and iPods in an educational or corporate environment.
- You must have excellent troubleshooting skills, backed by a clear, analytical approach to problem solving.
- You must be self-motivated, with a can do attitude and a strong commitment to delivering results on time and to a high quality in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to self-manage, organise, and prioritise tasks and work under pressure during troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- You must be professionally presented flexible and adaptable and be able to handle the various pressures and demands associated with working in a highly customer focussed ICT support role.
- You need to be a confident communicator and your excellent verbal and written communication skills will enable you to confidently deal with all levels of stakeholders and internal colleagues.
- You will have significant, recent experience in a similar client facing, IT Service and Support role, preferably within a primary or secondary school.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation. We have transformed standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining the Harris Federation. Social mobility is the Holy Grail for the pupils we serve. The key to their futures is a high quality education.
We want every child in London to have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Applications will be reviewed as and when received and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.