At Derby College our excellent reputation means that the number of students with support needs is growing year on year and we are seeking to recruit an Inclusion and Support Specialist to join our expanding "OFSTED Outstanding' Inclusion Team.
We offer a vast range of support to students across all college sites and across our Further Education and Higher Education provision.
This role is vital in the assessments of students' inclusion needs, creating bespoke support plans and working with individuals and small groups to ensure they have equality of access in order to make excellent academic progress and develop strategies to manage their individual needs.
The successful applicant will hold a Certificate in Education or PGCE and a relevant level 5 Specialist Qualification in an area of disability/learning difficulty or be willing to work towards it.
You will also be required to demonstrate that ...
* You can work from a socially inclusive perspective and are able to apply socially inclusive principles to a range of students
* You are open to change and adopt quality improvement in all you do
* You have the ability to meet challenges in a positive, motivated and inclusive way
* You believe that learning is for life and all should be given the opportunity to secure an aspirational future
* You would like to work within a multi-skilled team with a passion to support students in a person-centred way