Staffordshire University Academy is a rapidly improving academy, as recognised in our most recent Ofsted report. We are seeking to appoint an innovative and ambitious Inclusion Officer who can enthuse, motivate and support students in the academy. We are committed to continually improving the quality of our provision. We have access to high quality facilities and resources and work within a strong team structure that allows best practice to be shared. Staff benefit from a positive working environment, with strong support for professional development. The successful candidate will join a team of friendly and supportive colleagues who want to achieve the very best for our students.
Based within our inclusion team you will have a desire to combine an administrative role with working with young people. Work as part of the safeguarding team, supporting the effective operations of the safeguarding service on a day to day basis within the academy. Facilitate and implement the academy’s social, emotional and mental health provisions, counselling services and links with external agencies. Support the pastoral team with behaviour interventions, including one-to-one, small group and classroom based interventions.
Do you have?
* Behaviour management experience.
* Background of working in a secondary school environment
* Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice.
* Interest of developing collaborative ways of working.
* Ability to lead and motivate students.
* Understanding more complex student needs and appropriate support mechanisms for these.
In return we can offer;
* Genuinely exciting career opportunity in a growing and successful academy.
* Supportive, experienced and enthusiastic colleagues.
* Additional unique CPD opportunities provided by Staffordshire University.
* Excellent facilities including classrooms equipped with the latest audio-visual technology and free use of fitness suite.
Staffordshire University Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years