The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL) seeks an exceptional, creative, well-qualified and experienced inclusion (SEN) assistant teacher to join our successful and expanding Learning Support department.
At BSKL, our students are motivated, committed and love learning in our state of the art facilities. Our staff are passionate and outstanding teaching professionals, and we are committed to providing excellent and ongoing CPD opportunities. BSKL is graded excellent in all areas of educational provision by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI), and is a member of Nord Anglia Education, offering numerous opportunities for professional growth.
The successful candidate will have a passion for working with young people and driving up standards of written and verbal communication. They should demonstrate excellent standards of verbal and written communication themselves, be organised and adaptable to support the changing needs of pupils and be committed to supporting every student to achieve their potential.
Candidates should also work well as part of a team and demonstrate a proactive commitment to the pastoral care and wellbeing of our learners, as well as a willingness to contribute to the thriving extra-curricular life of our school.
At BSKL, our students are motivated, committed and love learning in our state of the art facilities. Our staff are passionate and outstanding teaching professionals, and we are committed to providing excellent and ongoing CPD opportunities.
We are seeking a professional who:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in English, or other fields related to special educational needs).
- Due to visa requirements candidates must be at least 22 years old and have 3 years full-time (paid) relevant working experience with children and/or young people.
- Candidates must possess an additional teaching qualification such as a TEFL, PGCE or CACHE.
- Be able to work under pressure; meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Be able to work both in a team and independently with minimum supervision.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills – be able to interact with students and members of staff at all levels.
- Have excellent English and strong understanding of common English Language and Literature terminology and skills.
- Offer enthusiasm and demonstrate a positive approach to students.
- Be comfortable integrating technology into all teaching practices.
- Understand the value of consistent application of school policies.
We will provide:
- A competitive salary.
- Shared single accommodation
- Annual travel allowance.
- International worldwide medical cover.
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
- Opportunities for promotion and exceptional professional development both within the school and the wider global network of the Nord Anglia Education family.
If the opportunity to work in a progressive school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
Applications must be submitted via the school website.
The closing date for applications is 16th February 2019. Skype interviews will be held from week beginning 18th of February. Early applications are strongly encouraged (we reserve the right to appoint early).
Nord Anglia Education schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with past employers, and an enhanced DBS.