£18,840- £22,508 (dependent upon qualifications)
The post holders will undertake practical instruction and assessment of groups of students and other trainees as required as well as contributing to the daily husbandry of the bird and paddocks section of the Animal Management Centre. Species housed on the section currently include domestic hoof stock (donkeys, alpacas, goats, zebu), domestic poultry and waterfowl, ratites, wallaby and large collection of exotic aviary birds a number of which are part of wider conservation/research initiatives. The bird/paddock section is an area earmarked for further development over the coming years with a number of new species likely to be introduced into the AMC collection.
Candidates should be educated to at least Level 3 in a relevant vocational subject e.g. Animal Management, DMZAA, Biological Science or Zoology Degree. In addition, candidates should have extensive professional experience, preferably at a supervisory level, with a range of bird and mammal taxa (both domestic and exotic) in an accredited animal collection e.g. BIAZA Zoo, Farm Park or Specialist Collection. The post holder will hold an appropriate teaching qualification or be willing to attain one.
The post holder may be required to work some weekends.
Closing Date: 12 April 2021
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Free Library membership
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider