We are looking for an outdoor learning enthusiast and expert to work with small groups of children and young people who have often found school a challenge.
We are keen to appoint someone who will share their passion for the outdoors with our students and who will help us to foster an academy culture of reflection, resilience and ambition.
Our ideal candidate would be an experienced outdoor learning instructor who wants to develop their practice and engage KS3 and KS4 children and young people in more dynamic ways of learning. An instructor who can:
- share a passion for the outdoors with our students; demonstrating the benefits of working in the outdoors and expeditionary learning
- evidence their commitment to supporting children who have experienced difficulty in learning in mainstream school
- inspire our students and help them to develop the confidence, skills and knowledge to believe that they can be successful in their own lives.
This is an opportunity to join our multi-academy trust which specialises in alternative provision. We believe that working with excluded children and young people is immensely rewarding. We can offer a place of work where staff and colleagues share a determination to improve the outcomes for excluded and vulnerable children.
Full details of how to apply at https://oliveacademies.org.uk/working-with-us/
Our academy always welcomes visits from potential applicants. Come and see our fantastic facilities and meet our academy community. Please get in touch with Susie Tyler, Office Manager (E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01708 853781) if you would like to arrange a visit or need any further information.
Please email your completed Olive Academies application form to: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 14th October 2019 (Midday)
Interviews to be held at Olive AP Academy – Thurrock in Tilbury on 17th/ 18th October 2019.
Just 40 minutes from central London by train, Olive AP Academy – Thurrock is based in Tilbury. Our brand new purpose built building opened to staff and students in summer 2017. Our alternative provision academy has up to 96 students aged between 11 and 16 on roll at any one time.
Our staff support young people who have been placed at the academy for a period of intervention work following a permanent exclusion from a mainstream school. The academy also supports young people with medical needs. Find out more about us at: apthurrock.oliveacademies.org.uk
At Olive Academies we offer all our staff:
- a close and supportive team in a working environment where your wellbeing is a priority
- access to the OA employees' wellbeing benefits package (including CycleScheme, PerkBox, MyGym, Employee Assistance Programme and more)
- high quality CPD, strong links to mainstream schools and opportunities for career progression
- an organisation which is values driven and has children at the centre of everything we do
- the freedom to be innovative without the constraints of a mainstream curriculum.
Olive Academies is a multi-academy trust with three alternative provision academies and an outreach service in London and the East of England. We are one of the first academy sponsors specialising in alternative provision in England. We support children and young people who have experienced difficulty in learning in mainstream schools. We work with pupils who are at risk of exclusion, those who have been permanently excluded from school and those who have medical needs.
Our aim is to transform the lives of children and young people for whom traditional teaching methods have not worked. We help our pupils develop the confidence, skills and knowledge to believe that they can be successful in their own lives. Find out more about our trust's work at www.oliveacademies.org.uk