£18,840 - £22,508 (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
Sparsholt College has a national reputation within the Conservation, Fisheries and Gamekeeping industries and a long proud history of providing the next generation of employees to the countryside management sector. We are now seeking to recruit a new member of staff to join the Land & Wildlife team and are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced person to work as an Instructor to assist and deliver practical teaching to our Fisheries, Game and Countryside Management students.
Your main role will be to assist and deliver instruction in estate maintenance, habitat management including providing training and instruction in the safe use of land-based machines (e.g. Tractor driving, Brushcutter and Strimmers and ATV Quad Bikes).
The role would also involve the maintenance and upkeep of key areas on the Sparsholt college campus including the college lake, conservation areas and outdoor rifle range and clay site. You will also have involvement with the day-to-day management of tools, resources and equipment to support the Land and Wildlife curriculum area.
Candidates for this role should have industrial experience and should be practically competent and proficient with good countryside management knowledge and a sound understanding of health and safety practices. You will need to have a Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject and to hold relevant NPTC Qualifications would be an advantage.
You will also need to be self-motivated and have the aptitude to lead and work with young people and help to educate the next generation of countryside professionals. A full driving license and experience using land-based machines is essential. Previous experience of leading groups would also be very desirable.
This post is based at our Winchester (Sparsholt) campus.
Closing Date: 22 July 2019
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider