Cambian The Mews School
Salary: £19,000.00 + Cambian benefits
Location: Wem Shropshire
Contract type: Permanent, 40 hours a week
If you want to make your mark in a successful and flourishing school that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring and creative Class Teacher to join our close-knit team at The Mews School.
About the School:
The Mews School supports young people aged 11-18 who have suffered sexual trauma enabling them to realise their potential and through personalised support, achieve their goals. Our vision is that students will not only be supported academically but be supported to develop self-esteem, confidence, respect and consideration for others, to enable them to become effective and contributing citizens within the community.
Well qualified and experienced staff work together to make The Mews school a successful and happy community. We offer a rich, varied and stimulating curriculum, which includes academic, vocational and personal and social studies. Timetables are tailored to the individual to ensure they have the opportunity to make progress and receive the required level of support needed to assist them in fulfilling their potential. We strive to continually improve the provision and embrace opportunities to expand and extend learning experiences.
The school supports a full range of national curriculum topics for its learners, underpinned by a whole school approach to the emotional wellbeing of each student. Students at both key stage 3 and 4 have access to a creative curriculum which is suitable for their abilities and potential.
We expect our students to be able to achieve beyond their expectations and gain excellent results in their GCSE qualifications, as well as Functional Skill, Entry Level certificates, PSD Awards and Certificates and other vocational qualifications.
The Mews School offers a nurturing and caring environment that allows all students to thrive and achieve their full potential. Great importance is placed on recognising, celebrating and rewarding individual and group achievements
What are we looking for?
The Headteacher is seeking to appoint an aspiring Instructor to join this thriving specialist CSE School. Reporting to the Headteacher, they will be responsible for the delivery of engaging and challenging lessons, ensuring that the department and the school are successful in achieving its aims. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
· Understanding of teaching, learning and qualifications
· Experience of working in non-mainstream settings with challenging learners
· Ability to empathise and support the development of learning
· Robust understanding of safeguarding procedures
· Ability to work as part of a small team
· Excellent delivery and communication skills
· You must be reliable, flexible, adaptable, and possess the ability to motivate and inspire.
· Good coordination and organisational skills
· Demonstrable track record of student achievement
· Innovative, fast thinking and versatile
· Excellent time management
· Good general level of ICT skills including Microsoft Office
· Experience of working with E3/L1 qualifications
· Relevant teaching qualification or vocational experience – Essential
Cambian is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian Group Plc
- English secondary schools