Smart Teachers is recruiting for skilled and experienced practitioner to develop and lead the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Resource Base at a fully inclusive secondary school in Lewisham South East London. The successful candidate will be an accomplished practitioner with knowledge and skills of teaching students with ASD in the Secondary Phase. This position would be ideal for someone who is looking for an interim role. This position fixed term full time position is to start immediately until December 2019.
About the Role
• Head of Autism Resource Base
• Full time, Short Term Contract
• September 2019 – December 2019
• MPS / UPS + TLR
About the School
• Vibrant community school providing local children with outstanding education
• Provision is up to 25 Students
• Provision allows pupils to become independent learners
• Have a good understand if current educational development, especially relating to ASD
• An improving school with excellent support network and supporting SLT
• 10 Minutes from London Bridge – Excellent Transport Links
In order to be considered for this role, the Interim Head of Autism Resource will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Ideally have additional SEN / ASD qualification
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RCR2208ASD
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.