Fixed term contract for 2 years.
At Oasis Academy Immingham, we have a clear vision for our students. We promise to support them and provide the skills and education they need to be successful in any career of their choice. We firmly believe in a structured environment which is founded upon healthy relationships and respect. All our young people, regardless of starting point, will fulfill their potential. Through great teaching and learning they will become valuable and happy members of the community in which they live.
We are seeking an experienced and supportive Internal Exclusion (IE) Manager to join our warm and friendly team. The successful candidate will manage the Internal Exclusion provision on a day-to-day basis, ensuring the inclusion of students who have been removed from timetabled learning due to challenging behaviour. They will need to provide an environment in which students can reflect, consider their actions and continue with education without disrupting the learning of others.
- To supervise designated students who have been placed in IE as a result of poor behaviour
- Working closely with the Head of House and Pastoral Manager to manage behaviour around the Academy site; moving students or placing them in Reflection or IE as required
- To co-ordinate work for students placed in IE
- To provide equipment appropriate to the needs of the designated students
- Maintain an accurate record of the students placed in IE and the reasons for their placement in IE
- To ensure that all policies of the Academy, including those concerning behaviour, health and safety, use of physical interventions and child protection, are implemented in the provision
- To ensure that students return to lessons as soon as practically possible following their placement in IE
- To liaise with Academy Leadership Team, Head of House, Pastoral Manager and classroom teachers about individual student behaviour
Oasis Academy Immingham is part of the Oasis Community Learning family, a multi-academy sponsor with the express purpose of transforming schools into community Hubs, through applying a holistic view of education.
For More information visit: https://www.oasisacademyimmingham.org/
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos.
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis Academy Immingham
Immingham, North East Lincolnshire