Orchard Hill College (the College) and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust (the Trust) together form Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT), a family of specialist education providers for pupils and students from nursery to further education across London, Berkshire, Surrey and Sussex. As an outstanding provider and Academy sponsor, Orchard Hill College has a strong track record for making a positive impact within the local communities it serves.
The Young People’s Academy is a secondary co-educational special school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs, based in Hillingdon. The school aims to provide a therapeutic environment to support young people’s academic journey and psychological wellbeing.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with students that present with mental health needs and challenging behaviours. This role is ideal for individuals who want to work within education, health and social care.
The ideal candidate
- To be considered a real asset to the school, you must demonstrate:
- An ability to engage in reflective practice and work with restorative justice approaches.
- A non-judgmental and empathic approach to young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs and their families.
- Strong behaviour management skills.
- A genuine passion for education.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- An energetic and enthusiastic 'can do' attitude.
- Resilient and persevering personality.
- Both a friendly and professional manner.
Closing Date: 17th January 2021
To apply for this role, please send your completed application form to email@example.com
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Young People's Academy
- Special needs with state - academy funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years