An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and inspirational Intervention Teacher of Maths and English to work alongside our strong core departments on the transition from KS2 to KS3. This post offers a fantastic opportunity for a new colleague to work in our school, rated “Good” by Ofsted in June 2019, where pupil behaviour is good and the staff work together in a cooperative and supportive community. We welcome applications from candidates with QTS in Primary or Secondary Education who would like to broaden their experience within a Secondary School.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent practitioner who can differentiate learning for all abilities
• Have the knowledge and experience to teach across the range of upper Key Stage 2, with particular strengths in Maths and English. Knowledge and experience of Key Stage 3 would be an advantage.
• Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of student achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment – in particular for those pupils at Key Stage 3 who are identified as being under age-related expectations in relation to their progress.
• To teach English & Maths and support the departments as appropriate to implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students.
• To monitor and support and report on the overall progress and development of pupils.
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth, whilst supporting the ethos of our school.
• This position would ideally suit an applicant with experience of teaching Key Stage 2 English/Maths
Closing date/time for applications – 09:00 on 23 September 2019