CHAT are looking to recruit a 1st Line Onsite Analyst to support it's five academies.
Purpose of the job:
Delivering the 1st line I.T Service function across all CHAT academies to the 2500 student and staff users.
The 1st Line Onsite Analyst will perform as the initial user-response layer on logged Service requests (SRs).
1st Line analysts will engage with all staff and students while based at any one of the trusts five academy schools. The primary function of the role is to deliver the Trust’s I.T Service within the schools through completion of SRs and incidents assigned or owned, also engage and escalate to Senior technical staff to ensure end-to-end completion on assigned SRs/Incidents.
Main duties and responsibilities:
● To provide a high standard of 1st line user support to staff and students on SRs and incidents assigned or owned via the Service Desk.
● Perform triaging on all SRs logged into the Service Desk.
● Log-calls via In-Person and Call-ins routes, ensuring they are categorised and prioritised correctly and efficiently.
● Follow-up or chase SRs which are with 3rd party, awaiting user update or On-Hold.
● To; categorise, respond, update and/or escalate SRs and incidents in line with SLAs.
● Meet OLAs and/or KPIs set for the I.T Service which are 1st line focused.
● Empower and enable staff and students to effectively utilise I.T resources and services or systems delivered under the I.T Services.
● To maintain a professional and service-orientated working ethic, which is customer focused.
● Ensuring the day to day smooth running of I.T Services onsite, and flagging any high-severity or high-impact issues to senior technical staff.
● Performing local desktop, laptop or devices installations and overseeing 3rd party installations of any new hardware and software across the Trust.
● Escalation of SRs and incidents in a timely manner, and in accordance to SLAs.
● Assist with trust wide Learning Platform if required for the purposes of Teaching and Learning.
● To assist the Head of IT in user I.T support or training to staff on allocated training days, or provide one-to-one training as required.
● Providing quotations according to local procurement procedures as directed by senior engineers or Head of IT.
● Communicating with Academy staff as guided by senior engineers or Head of IT.
● Support senior engineers in project work outlined within CHAT I.T Programme.
● Learn new technologies as appropriate and be prepared to assist the Head of IT in delivery of IT change.
● Liaise with senior engineers for testing on the following services: VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, Windows Desktops 7/10, Apple Mac/iOS, Office365/Azure, Veeam/Veritas Backup and Replication, SIMS (Management Information System), Biostore (Biometrics/Cashless), and PS Financials accounting systems.
● To assist senior engineers in production of technical documentation and user-guides for end-users.
· Contributing to strategy development regarding 1st line or user-services aspects of I.T provision set by the Head of IT, and assist in the implementation across the Trust.
· Support the Head of IT and senior engineers in the delivery of I.T strategy and strategic projects, (fully supported by IT team).
· To assist the Head of IT in technical training to staff on allocated training days, and provide one to one training on technologies as required.
· Identify software, hardware and working practices required to fulfil functional
specifications as defined by the wider IT team.
· Support the Head of IT in maintaining an overall view of the capabilities of the Trust’s IT service and contribute to continuous improvement to meet future needs.