You will provide IT support across the whole academy as required, supporting both staff and students. Completing tasks, closing issues and managing stakeholders needs and queries to high standards. Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail and have a flexible approach to their work. You will provide face to face support whilst being supported and trained by an external IT support company who provide higher level IT support. You will be working as part of the supportive and friendly team .
Main responsibilities will include duties such as:
· Configuring remote systems
· Installing/ upgrading software
· Performing routine maintenance tasks on internal apparatus
· 1st line support duties
· IT support duties for colleagues and students
· Liaising with external support technicians
· Monitoring system performance
· Ensuring databases / management records are always kept up to date
· Work to ensure technical issues are resolved in a timely manner
· Supporting with audio visual requests including as part of external assessments and examinations
· Maintain details of network equipment and configurations to enable efficient management of equipment and resources.
· Investigate sources of supply for network hardware, software and, if appropriate, consumables ensuring adequate working levels of stock.
· To provide information to support IT procurement of ongoing systems and requirements and to inform future purchases
· To ensure that all IT systems and linked software are set up and maintained for each academic year
· Assist with the development of school policies with regards to standards of operation and use of ICT equipment throughout the school and ensure that they are applied
· Assisting with day to day IT related admin tasks
· Unless otherwise directed the post holder will determine priorities and scheduling of work.
· To support with academy events and activities with IT/ media support
· The role entails the manual lifting and moving of equipment.
· Undertake any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the job.
Desktop Computers / Laptops / Servers / Office 365 / Firewall (Sophos)
· Excellent communication and written skills
· Good organisation skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· A good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
· Able to plan and prioritise tasks effectively
· Mature attitude
· Smart in appearance
· Strong work ethic
· High levels of motivation
GCSE’s Grade C/4 or above in English, maths and ICT or equivalent.
Higher level qualifications and/or training in IT
Method of Application
1. We will only accept applications on the David Nieper Academy application form. Curriculum Vitae will not be accepted.
2. The statement in your application should focus on:
§ Candidate’s previous experience which will help in successfully undertaking the role
§ Personal skills to benefit the learning by students at the David Nieper Academy.
3. For any queries or if you would like to visit, please email email@example.com
4. Completed application forms to be returned via email for the attention of the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Michelle Hackett, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The school operates a NO SMOKING policy on site.
6. Interviews - Candidates invited to interview will:
(a) Have the opportunity to tour the school
(b) Complete an exercise
(c) Have a formal individual interview with the selection panel.