We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and talented individual to support ICT to Star Central staff, primarily based in Blackburn and with some presence nationally.
Star Academies is seeking to appoint a focused professional who will support the Trust’s end user environment, servers, networking and staff to meet both the needs of schools and the strategic objectives of the Trust. In return, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact within the Trust and benefit from excellent professional developmental opportunities within a new and growing ICT team.
The successful candidate will build on the support function of the Central ICT Team in the delivery of the ICT Strategy to the Trust and its schools. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, have experience of supporting an office environment, along with educational experience and be highly proficient in the use MS Office software packages and other technologies as required.
With a programme of delivering new build schools, through to a new Trust-wide ICT platform, this is a unique opportunity for a well-organised and focused professional to join a highly successful, and rapidly expanding Trust.
The role will be based in Lancashire, but will require some travel to schools.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 A*-C (9-5) at GCSE including English and Maths or equivalent
- A Levels or equivalent ICT qualification
- Experience of drafting written materials for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- Experience of completing detailed research, analysing the data and reporting to different audiences.
- Experience of working in an ICT setting, which includes, trouble-shooting software and hardware issues in a timely manner.
You will find an organisation that:
- is passionate about its vision of ‘Nurturing Today’s Young People, Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders’
- has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our community
- has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development
- is well-ordered with high standards of commitment
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please contact Nathan Colman, Recruitment and Talent Manager on 0330-313-9800 if you would like an informal and confidential discussion regarding the role.
Applicants are required to complete the Trust’s application form. CVs will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Sunday, 24 February 2019 at midnight
Interviews: Tuesday, 5 March 2019
Start date: As soon as possible
Star Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts within our establishments are subject to satisfactory references, DBS and health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts within our schools are subject to satisfactory references, DBS, due diligence and health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.