The David Nieper Academy is an academy in the town of Alfreton, Derbyshire. A brand-new school building was opened in early 2017. A key aspect of our vision is our focus on applied learning within all subject areas and across year groups. We have seen an increase in student numbers within each year group and are currently over subscribed for Year 7, we are looking to build on this year on year. This is an immensely exciting time to be joining the academy and being a key driver in enhancing the academic and social achievement of our students.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an outstanding IT Support Technician.
The successful candidate must be able to work well as part of a team, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, have a ‘can-do’ attitude, be highly organised and have the ability to work under pressure.
The Governing Body is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people so all staff appointments are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Candidates should indicate an acceptance of, and a commitment to, the Academy’s policies in relation to equality and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
You will provide IT support across the whole academy as required, supporting both staff and students, working alongside our external IT support provider and other IT support partners. Completing tasks, closing issues and managing stakeholders needs and queries to high standards. Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail and have a flexible approach to their work. You will provide face-to-face support whilst being supported and trained by an external IT support company who provide higher level IT support.
External IT Support
The academy has a comprehensive external IT support contract in place, providing daily remote support and one day a week face-to-face support. The IT Support Technician works in close partnership with the external IT Support provider who will provide oversight of all work and ongoing training. In addition, we hold support contracts for other aspects of our IT infrastructure such as printing/CCTV. The IT Support Technician will work closely with all external partners, reporting issues and liaising on solutions.
You will be working as part of the supportive and friendly team and your main responsibilities will include duties such as:
• Supporting remote systems such as the VPN
• Installing/ upgrading software
• Performing routine maintenance tasks on hardware such as printers.
• 1st line support duties
• IT support duties for colleagues and students
• Liaising with external organisations who provide services to the academy
• Monitoring the performance of the network and systems
• Working to ensure technical issues are resolved in a timely manner
• Supporting with audio visual requests including as part of external assessments, examinations, assemblies and remote learning
• Maintain details of network equipment and configurations to enable efficient management of equipment and resources
• Investigate sources of supply for network hardware, software and, if appropriate, consumables ensuring adequate working levels of stock
• To provide information to support IT procurement of ongoing systems and requirements and to inform future purchases
• To ensure that all IT systems and linked software are set up and maintained for each academic year
• Assist with the development of academy policies with regards to standards of operation and use of ICT equipment throughout the academy and ensure that they are applied
• Assisting with day to day IT related admin tasks
• The post-holder will determine priorities and scheduling of work in conjunction with the Assistant Headteacher and external IT support provider, including face-to-face and online learning for our pupils
• To support with academy events and activities with IT/media support
• The manual lifting and moving of equipment where necessary
• Undertake any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the job.
• Free access to BUPA Employee Assistance Programme
• Free Onsite Parking
• Generous discount at the David Nieper Ltd factory shop
Windows based network made up of Desktops / Laptops / Servers / Office 365 / Firewall (Sophos) / Chromebooks and G-Suite
David Nieper Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
David Nieper Academy is a co-educational secondary academy, formerly known as Alfreton Grange Art College. The school itself was first established in 1939, and adopted its current name in 2016 following its conversion into an academy. The school is c...