SFX is a dynamic and ambitious Sixth Form College, one of the closest Sixth Form Colleges to both the City of London and to Parliament. We thrive on our many engagements and connections with higher education, with employers and with external agencies and we relish the challenge of working out how best to equip our young people to compete and flourish in the future. Rated “Good” by Ofsted (in 2018), the College achieves excellent standards and is proud to support many young people from non-traditional backgrounds to successful progression to higher education and to employment. Currently, it is embarking upon a journey to achieve one of the first awards of “Apple Distinguished” status for its digital innovation practice in teaching, learning and assessment. We want to ensure that we take care of and support the development of the whole person: educational, emotional, social and spiritual.
IT Support Technician
Start date: ASAP
Full time, 35 hours per week, all year round
Salary: 21,467 - 22,504 per annum inclusive of Inner London Weighting
A post has become available for an IT Support Technician who will assist in the day to day helpdesk user support, administration and operation of the College ICT Systems. Experience of working in first and second line technical support is essential.
The successful candidate will have:
- Sound first and second level technical IT systems support and IT skills appropriate to the tasks outlined (workstations, servers, networks, hardware and software support for users, telephone system, printing management, multi-functional and multimedia resources);
- Experience of providing first and second line technical support to users in a large Microsoft network infrastructure within (ideally) an educational context;
- Understanding of core server technologies required including AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO & Printer Management;
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience with supporting users using Windows based workstations administered using Microsoft Windows Systems Centre;
- Good understanding of networking technologies, including switches, routers and firewalls;
- Practical experience of installing, configuring and managing computers, multimedia devices (smartboard, projection unit, sound system etc);
- Good exposure to supporting users within an education environment and able to work under pressure with the ability to prioritise and multi-task;
- Must be capable of working in a team;
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills;
- The post holder must be aware, and contribute to the College’s equal opportunities policy;
- The post holder must be aware of, and have a commitment to, the aims of a Catholic College and support the College’s equal opportunities policy.
With excellent resources and a drive for continuous improvement, Saint Francis Xavier Sixth Form College is actively seeking staff who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development.
Our benefits package includes: Local Government Pension Scheme, employee assistance programme, excellent training opportunities, free use of our state of the art fitness suite and staff fitness classes, cycle to work scheme, on site free parking to name a few.
To apply, please submit fully completed application form and click Quick Apply below. Please note, CVs will not be accepted. For more information about the College visit our website; for more information about the role please call Anna Mason on 02087726094.
The closing date for receipt of application forms is Sunday 25th April.
Interviews are scheduled to be held in the week beginning Monday 3 May 2021
All successful candidates must be willing to undergo a DBS Police check.
In promoting equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community. All disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria will be shortlisted for interview.
SFX is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Education through a Christian Community.
St Francis Xavier Sixth Form College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
Saint Francis Xavier Sixth Form College is a dynamic and ambitious sixth form college of 1250 students situated within the London borough of Wandsworth. The College educates 16-19 year olds offering courses in A-Levels, BTECs and UAL. The Co...