Scale : Scale 3, £19,312 - £19,698 per year + a market supplement of £780 per annum pro rata
Hours : 37 hours per week
Start Date : May 2021
The Laurus Trust is a highly successful and growing multi-academy trust in the North West of England, with Cheadle Hulme High School, the founder school, at its centre. Our vision is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to succeed, to set aspirational goals and to work hard to achieve them.
All our Laurus Schools are hugely oversubscribed and have a reputation, both locally and further afield, for outstanding teaching and learning through the relentless pursuit of excellence and the determination to ensure that every child succeeds. In the recent Staff Engagement Survey, 97% of our employees stated that they would recommend working for Laurus Trust to their friends.
Due to continued growth and success, The Laurus Trust is looking to appoint a pro-active and dedicated IT Technician to join the team and support all schools within the Trust. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Laurus Trust family, and to play a vital role in maintaining the high standards of the Trust. Support staff work tirelessly to ensure all services run smoothly and efficiently, enabling our teaching staff to focus on delivering an outstanding education for our students.
- Work as part of a team to maintain the school network in a first line technical support role to end users on all aspects of the Laurus Trust IT provision.
- Provide technical advice for school staff and support in lessons where appropriate.
- Assist teaching staff to set up IT equipment for computing lessons when required.
- Respond quickly in an appropriate manner to all requests for assistance or support.
- Complete all work to a high standard under the supervision of the IT Director, Network Manager and Assistant Network Managers.
- Promote safe and responsible use of the internet including social media, and report any instances of inappropriate usage to the senior IT team.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the network infrastructure including cabling, patching and testing of data and telecoms wiring on site.
- Assist in the management of user accounts on the schools’ computer systems, including e-mail systems and their associated network settings.
- Assist in carrying out logging and tracking of user activity.
- Carry out regular checks and general maintenance of user activity logs.
- Assist in the installation, deployment, maintenance and upgrade of software packages as required.
- Assist in the auditing of IT equipment at the school and carry out appropriate inventory checking as required.
Key Skills & Experience
- Ideally possess prior experience within a similar role.
- Must possess relevant vocational qualifications relevant to the post.
- Must have experience of installing & maintaining applications such as Microsoft Office and a basic understanding of computer networks.
- Sound educational background including GCSE’s in Maths and English (A*-C) or equivalent.
- Experience working in a school environment would be advantageous.
- We offer a wide range of employee benefits to all of our staff in return for their commitment to our schools, and to help contribute towards improving their well-being. These include:
- A Health and Wellbeing strategy including targeted Health Promotion Initiatives, Wellbeing App and a commitment to have a trained Mental Health First Aider in every school
- A proactive approach to flexible working – we are a family friendly organisation
- Subsidised nursey in Cheadle Hulme
- Children of Staff have priority in the admissions oversubscription process (subject to availability)
- Pension scheme with excellent employer contributions
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Staff development programme and investment in professional qualifications
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Free Flu jabs
At the Laurus Trust, it is not just about what we do but also about how we do it. Our core behaviours detailed below provide guidance on the expectations we have of our staff. It is essential that any employee joining the Trust is able to demonstrate some or all of these behaviours on a regular/daily basis:
- Adaptable - Open to change, to be flexible
- Courageous - Willing to speak up, offer ideas, challenge the norm
- Hard Working - Strong work ethic, prepared to go the extra mile
- Inclusive - Treat others fairly and equally
- Engaged - Involved/absorbed in your work, participate at all times
- Value - Add value to your role, your team and the Trust
- Enquiring - Have an enquiring mind, curious, improve and find solutions
- Motivated - Pro-active, wanting to achieve goals, willingness to try, can do attitude
- Encouraging - Giving/offering support and confidence to others, working together
- Navigator - Providing guidance, leading when necessary
- Tenacious - Perseverance, never giving up, whatever it takes
Applying to the Laurus Trust
If you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school, and have the passion and commitment to join us at an exciting time of continuous progression and growth, then we would like to hear from you.
For more information about The Laurus Trust, or for further information relating to the role and the School you’re applying to, please download the Candidate Information Pack or visit https://www.laurustrust.co.uk/
Please note: an application form must be completed as CV’s will not be accepted.
Disability Confident Committed
The Laurus Trust is committed to Equal Opportunities for all candidates. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we strongly encourage applications from all persons with a known disability, and we will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview and given the opportunity to demonstrate their skills, talents and abilities.
If you would prefer to request a manual application pack, or should you require any additional support in completing your application, please feel free to contact us on 0161 485 7201 or via e-mail at; email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 12th April 2021 at 9:00am
Interview Date: Thursday 15th April 2021
The Laurus Trust and its affiliated schools are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Laurus Trust
- English secondary schools