Due to the continuing success and ongoing expansion of King's College Doha we are looking to appoint an outstanding IT Technician. The successful candidate will be able to make a significant contribution to the IT Department as the School expands. This is a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to join a highly talented team that has established King’s College Doha as one of the leading schools in Qatar.
King’s College Doha provides staff with excellent opportunities for career development and progression to middle leadership positions and beyond.
King’s College, Doha offers a unique British education based on the King’s College curriculum. We enjoy a strong relationship with King’s College, our sister school in the UK, and are proud to have brought over one hundred and forty years of British education excellence to Qatar. King’s College, Doha is a British Curriculum school currently for pupils aged 3 to 13 with plans to open a new campus in September 2022 that will ensure all pupils can complete their King’s education up to the age of 18. Set on an outstanding campus, pupils and teachers at King’s College Doha benefit from first-class facilities for both academic and co-curricular learning.
We want our IT Technician to be someone who:
- Provide day to day maintenance of school-wide network ensuring optimal performance and availability.
- Development and maintenance of accurate inventory of all IT equipment
- Administer user directory, email, school MIS and other related user groups and accounts ensuring appropriate access rights.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of all client software applications
- Monitor and protect against viruses, spam and malware.
- Implement all applicable server, client and appliance software patches, critical fixes and OS version upgrades.
- Create, maintain, and ensure the integrity and validity of data backups and methodology in use
- Ensure internal and external system wide security (password protection, shares protection, system policies, profiles, firewall rules, monitoring software)
- Liaise with ISP, SaaS providers and other third-party IT suppliers to ensure optimal performance of Internet access and IT systems.
- Develop a deep understanding of the school’s workflows and data requirements by working closely with departments, in order to align IT and data systems with their requirements.
How to Apply
In order to apply, please click on the Apply Now button beneath the advert text - here you will be able to download an application form.
After considering the details of the candidate information pack, complete all sections of the application form including the supporting statement that sets out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirements of the role and your ambitions for the school.
Completed application forms should be sent to email@example.com by the closing date.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 28th February 2021.
Preliminary discussions with candidates will take place on application. First round interviews will take place on a rolling basis and early application is therefore advised. Shortlisted candidates will be notified, and final round interviews arranged accordingly. King’s College Doha reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role. Please visit our website at www.kingscollegedoha.com for further information about the School.
Safeguarding and Privacy
King’s College Doha is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to applicants providing a satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate from their home country that is less than 6 months old.
By applying to this post, you agree to your data being held and processed by King’s College Doha and its affiliates. If you are appointed to the post you also agree to additional information, including sensitive data such as bank details and medical information, being held by King’s College Doha and its affiliates.
King's College Doha
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 13 years
King’s College Doha offers the international community of Qatar an outstanding UK-style independent school education in some of the best facilities that the region has to offer. After a hugely successful opening in September 2016, the School has esta...