We are looking to recruit an IT technician who will be primarily based at Stockport Academy, but working as part of a regional ICT delivery service to 11 academies. The role of IT Technician will involve working as part of a team to provide IT support and contribute to the effective operation, maintenance and repair of all computers and computer related resources throughout the academy.
We are looking for a highly adaptable, technical problem-solver with experience of working within a help desk environment.
• Provide first line technical support, responding to users’ helpdesk requests in a timely and effective manner to minimise any disruption to teaching, learning or administration at Stockport Academy.
• Monitor the performance and fitness for purpose of end-user devices and peripherals at Stockport Academy, resolving hardware and software faults, finding temporary workarounds where necessary and escalating within the IT Service where provision is no longer suitable.
• Under the direction of IT Service Site Manager, monitor and manage network stability and performance at Stockport Academy.
• Under the direction of IT Service Site Manager, implement change requests at Stockport Academy.
• Under the direction of IT Service Site Manager, ensure compliance with backup, anti-virus and other security provisions at Stockport Academy.
The post holder will need to demonstrate a sound knowledge of PCs, laptops, printers, audio-visual components and other network devices as well as experience of supporting users within a Microsoft Windows environment. Knowledge, experience, and the ability to trouble-shoot and resolve a spectrum of first/second line issues ranging from hardware through to software is required.
Stockport Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
Employees of United Learning are offered employee benefits through its reward scheme, United Rewards. United Learning works with Perkbox to offer its employees over 250 exclusive benefits, all through their easy-to-access App. Featuring a huge range of perks, from discounted cinema tickets and holidays, to money off meals out at restaurants nationwide, plus savings on food, technology and clothes shopping. They also offer salary sacrifice schemes such as Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work which offer tax and NI savings on new bikes and nursery care.
The position is full time (37.5 hours per week), all year round. Although the role has predominantly fixed working hours, it may involve, where the business requires, both evening and weekend work. The role holder will therefore need to demonstrate a degree of flexibility and willingness to work unsociable hours if called upon. It is expected that the post holder will adapt their working hours around the business needs of the academy and IT service. The post comes with 25 days holiday entitlement in addition to Bank Holidays and the successful candidate will be enrolled automatically into the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) run by Greater Manchester Pension Fund (GMPF).
For more information about the role, please contact Mark Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org), Greater Manchester IT Service Manager
Closing date: Monday 20th September 2021 Interviews: TBC
The school is fully committed to the safeguarding of children and all staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and full child protection/safeguarding training. United Learning is an equal opportunities employer
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Stockport Academy opened in September 2007 and moved into a new state of the art building in 2008.
Stockport Academy strives for excellence across its curriculum. We teach a broad and balanced range of subjects including all the key areas of the Natio...