Full Time, 52 weeks a year, 20 days holiday
35 Hours per week — 9.00am–5:00pm Monday to Friday
£25,000 – £30,000 (depending on experience)
Clifton College IT Department provides technical support and services to staff, pupils and parents 24/7 365 days a year.
The post requires the Junior Developer / Data Administrator to develop, maintain and operate database and Web applications to support the College in its day to day operations. The role also requires the postholder to be able to help the College integrate systems to improve its workflow and processes.
He/she must have a minimum of 2–3 years experience in software / systems development and data integration.
The Junior Developer / Database Administrator requires:
● Experience with multiple programming languages.
● Ability to rapidly learn new technologies.
● Good interpersonal and documentation skills.
● Capability to work at all levels of software stack.
The position will focus on:
● Workflow and process design and implementation.
● Database and system integration.
● Database administration.
● Google Apps for Education / G-Suite application development.
● Querying, analytics and reporting against multiple data sources.
We currently use these technologies:
● Windows Server, Windows Client, OS X
● SQL Server, IIS, WebAPI, ASP.NET MVC, C#, PowerShell.
● Business Objects.
The post holder has to have the ability to think proactively and work independently or as part of a team.
It is preferred the applicant is educated to degree level (BSc) or equivalent.