Position: Junior English, Humanities and Religious Education
Salary Range: $73,629 - $106,045 pending experience
Classification: Part Time, 1 Year Contract
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2021
Closing Date: Friday, 22nd January 2021 unless filled prior.
St Margaret Mary's College, Hyde Park is a Townsville Girls Catholic High School, founded as in 1963 by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan. The College accepts enrolments from girls Years 7 to 12, and offers a wide variety of subjects and vocational programs. The College is also noted for its many extracurricular activities, its commitment to students with special needs and its variety of service opportunities for students.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
St Margaret Mary's College, Hyde Park is seeking an experienced and dedicated Junior English, Humanities and Religious Education Teacher. This role is a part time (0.5 FTE) position for the duration of the 2021 teaching year.
- Innovative, proactive and flexible approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication and collaboration with students, parents and staff
- Current Queensland College of Teaching Registration or ability to obtain before commencement
- Significant experience working with Indigenous Students/delivering Indigenous Education Initiatives
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting:$73,629 - $106,045 pending experience
- 4 Weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 4pm Friday, 22nd January 2021 unless filled prior.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education