Inspired learning. Empowering young women of integrity. We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented teaching professional to join our Junior School. Preference will be given to suitable applicants with qualifications and experience in successfully teaching the NSW Curriculum.
The position is full time and has potential to be permanent commencing at the start of Term 3, 2019. Experience in teaching upper years and leadership/coordinating experience will be highly regarded.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- applying a range of literacy and numeracy strategies to meet the needs of all students;
- integrating ICT in teaching and learning to meet syllabus outcomes;
- applying a theoretical and practical understanding of different approaches to learning to enhance student outcomes;
- applying knowledge of content through effective teaching activities and programs relevant to the curriculum stage;
- using a variety of appropriate teaching strategies and resources to make content meaningful to all students;
- providing timely, effective and consistent oral and written feedback to students to encourage them to reflect on and monitor their learning;
- using a range of assessment tools and documentation to provide information about students and to inform teaching plans and activities;
- understanding and using database systems to maintain records and track student learning;
- using student assessment results to evaluate teaching and learning programs and inform further planning;
- establishing safe and supportive learning environments;
- managing student behaviour by engaging students in purposeful and worthwhile learning activities;
- meaningfully engage with students and their learning;
- assessment and report writing.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- is passionate about the teaching;
- demonstrate a sound knowledge of the NSW syllabus;
- has a natural rapport with staff and girls;
- has the ability to engage students and inspire them to achieve the best results;
- possesses a strong academic record;
- possesses a clear understanding of teaching and learning;
- is knowledgeable about the effective use of ICT in the classroom;
- is confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom;
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school;
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning;
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School.
The successful applicant will have to be able to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 17 June 2019