Cairo English School is one of the premier British International Schools in Egypt. We are an Early Years to Year 12 school with around 2,000 students on roll. The school has outstanding facilities and is in New Cairo, about 10 minutes from Cairo Airport and 45 minutes from Downtown.
We are fully accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and we are also an authorised IB World School. Additionally, we are members of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) British Schools Overseas (BSO) and European Council of International Schools (ECIS) organisations. Our curriculum follows the English National Curriculum, leading to IGCSE at the end of Year 10. After successfully completing IGCSE exams students can choose to take A Levels or the IB Diploma.
Cairo English School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Primary School Class Teacher for August 2021. The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the school’s Guiding Statements and Values that strives to deliver a world class education. Cairo English School has a very friendly, supportive staff team and strong links with parents and the local community, all of whom have high standards and expectations.
The successful candidate will have a genuine commitment to developing student learning and putting children first.
For further information about working for Cairo English School please download the general information pack and job description.
All applications should be submitted online via the TES website. You are required to complete your online application, supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
CES offers its teaching staff:
• Tax free salary in Pounds Sterling (25% converted to local currency)
• Two-year contract (renewable)
• Annual flight or cash equivalent
• Monthly cash housing allowance
• Comprehensive international medical insurance
• Settling-in allowance
• July and August vacation (paid)
• 5% retirement benefit
• Free transportation to and from school
• Annual no- absence bonus benefit
Short listed candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype or Zoom. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their application.
Cairo English School exists to provide a quality all round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries about this role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Cairo English School, please view our website at www.cesegypt.com.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- Any degree.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, M. Ed, PGCE or PGDE, iPGCE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 23 and below 30 years of age
Cairo English School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 17 years
‘Together achieving personal Excellence’
We accept students aged 3.5-17 years (Nursery through to Year 12). We offer a challenging and demanding education based on the British model, using the National Curriculum of England (ENC) as well as IGCSE, IBD...