“Good in all areas” - Ofsted Feb 2017
£25,000 - £38,800
We require a Key Stage 2 teacher for September 2018. You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
The Gordon’s Children’s Academy is a newly federated academy based in the Strood area. Our Junior and Infant school work closely together to ensure that all staff and children work together as one. We are lucky enough have a passionate workforce at our school who all care for and respect the fantastic children of our school. We are dedicated to school improvement and we all aim to provide a happy, safe and fun school environment for the children, and our staff too.
What you will get from The Gordon’s Children’s Academy:
- Minimum starting salary £25,000 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning
- Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other 4 Medway Primary Schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities, particularly through the New Horizons Teaching School’s alliance, which also offers a great support network for our staff
- Brand new facilities - the school building offers lots of space and intervention and breakout areas, we also have three playgrounds
- Free parking in our large staff carpark
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – conveniently located on our school site
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
Our school is set in a large Victorian building, with high ceilings and plenty of space for intervention and breakout sessions. We have three large halls, three playgrounds, we have a fantastic Early Years outdoor play area, a remembrance garden and a small stage built into one of our playgrounds too. Our location provides excellent links to the M2 and A2.
As part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, AchieveWhat you will need to succeed:
- QTS and excellent knowledge / experience of teaching
- Dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding practice, along with high expectations for yourself and the children
We want to employ teachers who are a great team member and are keen to seek CPD, an aspiring leader of learning and be happy to grasp exciting opportunities and contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our new school.
What you need to do now:If you are interested in working in a large Primary academy, benefiting from a large support network and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to call our office manager to book a no-pressure tour of the school and to meet some of our staff.We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.