Key Stage 2 Class Teacher
The Dominie is a small, co-educational school which specialises in providing education for children with dyslexia and associated learning difficulties aged 6 to 12. We support children who struggle in mainstream education and give them the opportunity to succeed at school. The Dominie seeks an inspiring and creative teacher to join the team.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and committed individual who would like to develop their understanding of teaching reading and spelling to learners with Dyslexia and associated learning difficulties. The successful candidate will act as a form tutor for a small group of children, teaching subjects such as Topic and PSHE, and will teach reading and spelling to all children.
We are looking for:
· An outstanding teacher, with the ability to inspire their classes with creativity and enthusiasm.
· Someone who can plan and deliver differentiated lessons to meet the children’s individual needs, using multi-sensory teaching.
· Someone who is keen to learn and has an interest in special educational needs.
· Commitment to advancing your own professional development through training and mentorship.
· Experience teaching reading and spelling to children aged 6 to 12.
We can offer:
· Small class sizes.
· The opportunity to work in a unique building close to Battersea Park.
· Excellent professional development, including training and guidance.
· A team of dedicated and supportive colleagues.
· Rewarding work in a positive learning environment, with pupils who are ‘excited to come to school every morning’. (Ofsted 2018)
· A school committed to doing the best for every pupil and fostering a life-long love of learning.
Closing Date: Applications will close once vacancies have been filled.
Shortlisting: Suitable applicants will be contacted within one school week of application submission.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please contact Marni Appleton with your CV, completed application form and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dominie is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.