Varee Chiangmai International School is seeking a Secondary School Science Teacher (KS4/KS3) to start in January 2019. As of August 2019, the post of Science Coordinator would become available.
Varee Chiangmai International School is a fully accredited member of EDT (Education Development Trust). It is part of a larger Thai school and actively promotes Thai language and culture. Our growing Secondary School, with a roll of over 150 students, means that we need to create additional classes. The school is located close to the centre of Chiang Mai, the bustling capital of Thailand’s northern Lanna region: an area of misty mountains, Buddhist temples and diverse Hill Tribe cultures, as well as a thriving social scene. Chiang Mai has been rated among the top 10 most livable cities in Asia. It has a laid-back atmosphere, enjoys a tropical climate tempered by altitude most of the year, and, above all, is affordable. The lifestyle achievable means that most of our teachers renew their initial contract.
The successful candidate should:
- Possess a degree/qualification in science or a related field.
- Have a PGCE or equivalent.
- Be able to teach across chemistry, physics and biology at KS4 and KS3.
- Be able to teach at least one subject at A Level.
- Be able to use technology to track student progress.
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to work with diverse groups of colleagues, students and parents, as well as different cultures. Experience working in a multi-cultural/international school setting considered a bonus.
- Have a flexible attitude as our school grows and develops.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staffroom.
- Be willing to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
- Has experience in leading a department, organising teaching teams or supporting colleagues, should the successful candidate wish to apply for the coordinator role in future.
In return we offer:
- A two-year contract.
- A locally competitive salary in line with other international schools in Chiang Mai.
- Housing support.
- Aetna medical insurance.
- End of contract bonus and flight support
- Visa and work permit support.
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
Applications are open until 15 November 2018, though we will start contacting suitable applicants as soon as applications are received. Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following:
- Your CV, including contact details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer.
- A letter of application outlining the reasons you would like to work at our school and the skills you would bring.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype for candidates not presently in Chiang Mai. Successful candidates will be required to provide a police clearance from their country of residence.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.