British College La Cañada is seeking an enthusiastic, resilient and experienced Key Stage 5 Coordinator / Head of Sixth Form to work with the Head of Secondary in order to ensure the best possible outcomes for out Sixth Form students.
From September 2021, we will be preparing our first Year 13 cohort for their A-LEVEL examinations, having seen our first year 12 group through their AS examinations. It it is essential for candidates to show a willingness and ability to adapt their skills to help us achieve our vision for excellence all the way up to Year 13.
We specifically require an experienced and knowledgeable Head of Sixth Form who can make a positive contribution to the development of the Sixth Form under the leadership of the Head of Secondary. The Candidate should have a sound knowledge of how Key Stage 5 study works, including A-level study and access to university processes for the UK (including UCAS) and in Spain. Ideally, candidates will have experience in Spain and a deep understanding of the university access processes, which includes the validation of A-Level study and combining this with Spanish "Bachillerato" studies in order to access universities across Spain
The candidate will be expected to teach and we ideally seek somebody who can teach Psychology at Key Stage 5 and/or Maths at Key Stage 3. Any experience of EAL practices is an advantage.
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- have a degree from a British University (B.Ed, BA Hons with QTS or PGCE);
- be a native level speaker of English;
- show evidence of recent relevant continuing professional development (including up-to-date knowledge of AfL, EAL, ICT, literacy/numeracy across the curriculum, motivation in the classroom and effective methods for differentiation);
- have passed NQT year and have recent experience teaching students in Key Stage 3 to 5;
- have experience of teaching ideally the National Curriculum in England/Wales (applicants with experience of teaching the curriculum in Scotland or Northern Ireland are welcome to apply);
- have a positive disposition, able to communicate effectively and work well as a member of a team;
- have high expectations of pupils' learning and behaviour;
- demonstrate experience and/or knowledge of pastoral care;
- experience of writing schemes of work and curriculum plans.
We have high expectations for all staff and pupils and aim to create a happy and inspiring environment, in order for our young learners to reach their full potential.
The secondary school's buildings and facilities are modern and well maintained; the successful candidate will be benefitting from brand new facilities in a purpose-built secondary building, with bright, modern and well-resourced classrooms and learning facilities.
The school follows the British Curriculum, with an interest in providing a holistic approach to teaching, alongside teaching the main parts of the Spanish curriculum. The school is a member of NABSS (National Association of British Schools in Spain) and BSO (British Schools Overseas). For further information please visit our website, our Facebook page or contact Kelly Simpson (Head of Secondary) with any queries by email.
British College La Cañada is committed to the safeguarding and protection of its pupils, therefore all successful candidates will be expected to provide a recent DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check prior to employment.
THIS IS A MATERNITY COVER POSITION.
PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED INFORMATION PACK FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SCHOOL, THE PERSON SPECIFICATION AND TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION.
Applicants should send a copy of their curriculum vitae (with names of referees) and a letter of application outlining how their experience and vision will impact on our school via the link below.
British College La Canada
La Cañada, Valencia
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years