We are looking for a Key Stage One Leader to join our 2 form entry Infant school. Are you someone who can lead the phase on the next stage of the school's journey, and maintain the high expectations we have for all pupils? Being an outstanding teacher, you will be a model of best practice across the phase, and have the leadership skills to engage your team in new initiatives, listen and support them where necessary and hold them to account for their performance.
We are a hard working team, where staff at all levels, are encouraged to develop themselves and be the best they can be. Whether you are an experienced phase leader, or have leadership potential and are looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
We can offer you:
- individualised professional development and the opportunity to complete NPQML and/or NPQSL
- opportunities to develop a subject specialism/area of teaching interest
- coaching and mentoring opportunities with colleagues across the school, federation and other schools within MK
- shared PPA time with your cohort colleague
- designated leadership time
The right candidate will have:
- The ability to relate well to all stakeholders- most importantly build positive relationships with young children
- Excellent teaching skills that ensure the fast progress of all pupils, including those with various needs-whether more able, SEND, EAL etc.
- Leadership skills that enable them to engage, motivate, and inspire their team
- The skills to adapt to the needs and interests of children in their care and support the teaching of others
- A positive outlook and a resilient nature
- A reflective nature, meaning that you are self-motivated to improve and able to respond well to feedback
-A strong sense of team, and the ability to value the contribution of all
Please see our school website for further information, including a letter from the headteacher, job description and application form. We are more than happy to arrange visits to the school as there are many other positives about Ashbrook that you will be able to see, hear or feel in person.
Closing date: Friday 20 April 10am (shortlisting will take place on this day)
Interview date: Thursday 26 April
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This appointment is subject to a full DBS clearance, and two satisfactory references which will be requested at time of shortlisting.