Experienced Kindergarten teacher sought by a German section school, part of a American International School
Do you enjoy teaching abroad or did you always dream of an international teaching career? Particular in China?
Changchun American International School (CAIS) is the first Pre-K -12 international school in Jilin Province and is authorized by Provincial and Central Governments. The school serves children of China’s global expatriate communities.
CAIS offers nearly 40 different courses. Some of these include English, Mandarin, German, French, Spanish, Korean, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, History, Business and Management, Economics, Geography, Psychology, IT Global Society (ITGS), Art, Music and Dance. An extensive co-curricular program is offered to students, allowing them to develop hobbies and interests. In 2009, Virtual World 3D technology was introduced to CAIS. In 2013 CAIS began its 1:1 iPad pilot program embracing the iPad as a valuable teaching tool. Since 2014, DeutscherSchulverein Changchun started cooperating with CAIS and arranged to have Deutsche International School Changchun join the CAIS as its German Section. It serves years 1-10.
There are currently 500 students enrolled in the school, from Nursery to Grade 12 representing 39 different countries. The biggest 3 nationalities are host country, German, Korean. The average class size is sixteen students.
The school offers the IBPYP, IBMYP and IBDP with instruction in English. An extensive English Language Learners program is provided to students needing additional support. Also, CAIS provides limited Learning Support for students.
You will need:
- Bachelor and above degree is require.
- Appropriate academic degree and teaching qualification is preferred.
- To be familiar with the American/IB curriculm
- The ability and commitment to be outstanding classroom teachers in the required age group, usually with a minimum teaching experience of at least two years.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with students, teachers and parents.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and ICT skills.
- High level of English proficiency.
- service apartment
- competitive salary in the region of €2400 (depending on experience)
- reimbursed International Health Insurance
- visa/work permit
Start date January '19
For more information or an informal chat call Laura Ooms on 0203 194 3030 or email email@example.com