Hurtwood House Qingdao is seeking to appoint highly skilled and passionate Kindergarten Teachers. The successful candidates will be joining one of the most exciting educational projects of our time – namely the education of Chinese nationals in a bilingual context. As it continues to grow in 2019 – 2020, Hurtwood House Qingdao offers tremendous professional opportunities for teachers wishing to bring their cutting-edge practices to the most rapidly developing country in the world.
Known locally as Qingdao HD Bilingual School, Hurtwood House Qingdao is affiliated with Hurtwood House UK, in Surrey. The School’s mission is to nurture global Chinese citizens, who develop an appreciation for the international context, whilst ensuring they hold onto their cultural heritage. Hurtwood House Qingdao believes that education creates character and focus on personal development and progress in equal measure to academics. The School benefits from exceptional facilities on our campus including:
- A bilingual library
- Specialist teaching classrooms such as art studios and science laboratories
- A multi-functional theatre
- Excellent indoor sports areas for tennis, football and basketball
The successful candidate will have:
- A subject relevant degree from an established university (required)
- PGCE/QTS or equivalent (required)
- Hold a passport from an English-speaking country (required due to visa restrictions)
- 2 or more years of full time, school based, teaching experience (required)
- Excellent working knowledge of foundation stage curricula (required) – English National Curriculum preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of child development for ages 2-5 (required)
- Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language (desirable)
- Experience of working in the independent sector (desirable)
- A competitive salary scale which ranges from 255000RMB – 438000RMB per annum based on experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive medical cover for teacher, spouse and dependents
- Annual flights for teacher, spouse and dependents
- Housing allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Full remission for tuition fees of staff children in accordance with HD schools’ policies
How to Apply
For further information about HD Qingdao and this role, please download the candidate information pack and accompanying job specification.
To apply, please submit your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to email@example.com. Covering letters must be no longer than one side of A4 and should set out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirement and your ambitions for the school.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 17th July 2019.
Preliminary discussions with candidates will take place in July. First round interviews will take place on a rolling basis and early application is therefore advised. Shortlisted candidates will be notified, and final round interviews arranged accordingly. Hurtwood House China reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please contact Sze-Ting Lee on +44 207 788 7937 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role.
Safeguarding and Data Protection
HD Qingdao is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks. By applying to this post, I agree to my data being held and processed by Hurtwood House China and its affiliates. If I am appointed to the post I also agree to additional information, including sensitive data such as bank details and medical information, being held by Hurtwood House China and its affiliates.