Established in 2004 and licensed by the Vietnamese Government, Vietnam Australia International School (VAS) is a private school group with the national education system offering K-12 education programmes. At present, VAS is offering educational services to more than 6,300 students from K through 12 at 7 campuses in Ho Chi Minh City.
VAS has successfully implemented the two study pathways for its students, including: (1) the National Education Programme combined with the Cambridge Academic Programme (CAP) and (2) the National Education Programme combined with the Cambridge English Programme (CEP). Both study pathways are benchmarked with internationally and nationally recognized qualifications/certifications and carefully designed to suit students in Vietnam.
VAS welcomes interests and applications from qualified experienced and enthusiastic teachers to share our vision.
Vietnam Australia International School (VAS), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam requires a number of qualified early childhood teachers with a background in kindergarten/nursery school. Primary teachers with kindergarten experience will be considered as well. The ideal candidate will be certified early years/kindergarten with a special emphasis on structured English immersion and experience in the non-native ESL environment.
Candidates should come from a professional background of Bachelor degree or higher in education or a relevant teaching subject, along with a valid teaching certificate/license.
Reporting to Head of Kindergarten Program and Campus Kindergarten Program Leader, Kindergarten Teacher is in charge of the following:
1. Teaching responsibilities
- Provide an organized, disciplined and stimulating environment in the classroom.
- Promote child centred learning through stimulating, differentiated activities that foster different learning styles
- Demonstrate excellence in the classroom
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Lesson plans submitted on a weekly basis or as instructed by leader.
- Maintain grade books with accurate scores.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Create projects designed to enhance teaching.
- Provide a variety of assessments to assess student learning.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula to provide the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds the students deserve.
- Develop incentives to keep students participating in class.
- Utilize public library or on-line resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure objectives are being met.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behaviour in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
- Participate in on-going training sessions.
- Plan & conduct extra-curriculum activities for students
2. Pastoral responsibilities
- Promote a positive, confident and happy international community.
- Have high expectations of personal endeavour and achievement
- Attend staff meetings, parents/teacher meetings, school trips/sporting events, as requested by the School.
- Attend meetings or other functions outside of school hours as needed.
- Participate in extracurricular activities as requested by the school.
- To support and implement the student code of conduct.
- To cover for absent colleagues when necessary
3. Responsibilities to the School
- Work closely with other staff members as a team, sharing skills and equipment with other staff.
- Contribute actively to the School’s Newsletters/Bulletin and Booklets.
- Assist in marketing programmes and parents’ discussion groups and other programmes to promote the School and its philosophies.
4. English Speaking Environment
- All teachers are required to encourage and enforce an English speaking environment for all students within the school compound. No communication in Vietnamese should be allowed during and within all Cambridge and English classes.
5. Other tasks
- Undertake other tasks as and when assigned by the Immediate Superior and/or the School.
Benefits package includes competitive salary, monthly housing allowance, responsibility allowance, medical insurance, paid school holidays, tuition exemption for up to two children, flight reimbursement, visa reimbursement, settling-in allowance and retention benefits. Initial contract is two year starting August, 2017.
E-mail your CV directly to: email@example.com with a relevant position in the subject line providing a full resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, references (3+) and passport.