Wellington College International Hangzhou is committed to providing world-class educational opportunities in the city of Hangzhou. We seek to recruit and develop staff members who are fully engaged with the stated vision of the school – [to] “aspire to create a caring, international community that develops well-rounded individuals with strong values and the skills to thrive within an ever-changing global society” and who are guided in their professional and personal conduct by the core Wellington values – courage, respect, integrity, kindness and responsibility. In this way, the post holder should regard the following outline of the job description not as a checklist of things to achieve, but as a starting point for their growth in the role.
• Assess the learning of those you teach and set challenging learning objectives.
• Plan and teach lessons and sequences of lessons that are well organised, demonstrating secure subject knowledge relevant to curricula across the age and ability range for which you are trained.
• Use a range of teaching strategies and resources including e-learning.
• Provide opportunities for learners to develop their literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
• Provide homework to sustain learner’s progress and consolidate their learning.
• Make effective use of a range of assessment, monitoring and recording strategies.
• Provide daily, accurate and constructive feed back on learner’s attainment, progress and areas for development.
• Support and guide learners to reflect on their learning, identify progress they have made and identify their emerging learning needs.
• Establish a purposeful and safe learning environment conductive to learning and identify opportunities for learners to learn in and out of school contexts.
• Establish a clear framework for classroom discipline to manage learners’ behaviour constructively and promote their self-control and independence.
• Work as a team member and identify opportunities for working with colleagues, sharing the development of effective practice with them.
• Ensure colleagues (e.g. Teaching Assistants) working with you, are appropriately involved in supporting learning and understand the roles they are expected to fulfil.
• Advising and co-operating with staff on the preparation and delivery of courses of study, teaching materials and programmes, methods of teaching and assessments and pastoral arrangements.
• Participating in arrangements for further training and professional development, including undertaking personal training and professional development identified through performance management.
• Safeguarding children’s H&S in school and on authorized school activities elsewhere.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, teaching certificate
Teacher Qualification: Must have Teacher License
Major: Education related majors
Experience: A minimum of 2 years working experience as primary class teacher
Expertise: Knowledge of Primary Teaching
HOW TO APPLY:
Please attach your CV together with a cover letter here.
Wellington College Hangzhou is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, or local national equivalent.
Further details of the above position are available in the file of Job Description below.
For more information about Wellington College Hangzhou, please click ‘Learn More about this school’ in the bottom.
Should you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Wellington College International Hangzhou
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 18 years
Wellington College International Hangzhou is the 13th member of Wellington College family worldwide, offering a world-class international education for children of expatriate families from the ages of 5 to 18, following a curriculum based on the Engl...