St John’s Upper Holloway CE Primary School
Key Stage 1 Class Teacher (possible subject leadership responsibility)
Required from 7th January 2019
Salary scale: MPS 1-6 (£28,660 - £39,006)
Full time role (195 days/year ie 32.4 hours/week)
St John’s CE Primary School is a one form entry, vibrant, multicultural school situated in Archway, London. We are looking for an excellent, dynamic and creative class teacher to join our dedicated and enthusiastic staff. The successful candidate will be committed to sharing in the development and success of our school.
Our high quality teaching ensures that our children make excellent progress throughout their time at St John’s and we require a teacher who has the ability and skills to ensure this continues, as part of the whole school team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has proven good/outstanding classroom practice
- Has a commitment to the promotion of high standards in teaching and learning
- Has an ability to inspire, engage and motivate pupils, staff and parents
- Has a passion for developing their own practice and is committed to whole school development
- Has a clear understanding of how assessment, including effective questioning and marking, can promote excellent learning
- Recognises and values the diverse social and cultural needs of our children and community
We can offer:
- A school that has an excellent leadership team, driven by the core belief that all children have the right to the best education
- A vibrant, diverse community, including a supportive parent organisation
- Children who are keen to learn
- A strong, committed and supportive team of staff and governors
- Excellent opportunities for CPD
Please apply using the attached LDBS application form.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 14th October 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be informed on Monday 15th October 2018. Interviews: Thursday 18th October 2018.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. To make an appointment please phone the school office on 0207 272 2780 or Email: email@example.com
At St John’s we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.