KS1/Early Years Class Teacher
The British School, Alexandria seeks applications from enthusiastic, hard-working and talented teachers looking to develop their teaching career in an international setting.
We follow the British Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum in EYFS and the National Curriculum in Ks1. If successful you would be working within Ks1 and joining a very supportive and committed group of teachers with a variety of experiences and backgrounds. Previous knowledge and experience of working across EYFS and KS1 working in a holistic way to continue the learning journey would be advantageous as would experience of teaching phonics and early reading across Ks1.
You would be joining a very strong department that thrive on excellent outcomes for children. The successful applicant will start immediately. The British School, Alexandria is a long-established, high-achieving and forward-thinking 3-18 International School known for its family atmosphere. It enjoys an excellent reputation both within Alexandria and further afield. It is recognized by the DfE and is an accredited member of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). In our recent BSO inspection, we were described as a “Good school with many outstanding features”. We are committed to ensuring excellent learning and teaching in a caring environment. You will find the school a rewarding and friendly place to work with good relationships between staff and students. We have a strong commitment to the professional development of all our staff.
We are the first and only school in Africa to be awarded High-Performance Learning (HPL) accreditation, as well as the first school in Africa to be a member of the Fellowship of World Class Schools. We believe in the growth-mindset philosophy of HPL and are enriching our students with the cognitive and attitude tool kit to thrive in an ever-competitive 21st-century global society.
Alexandria is a bustling, friendly and cosmopolitan city on the Mediterranean coast, full of historical interest. Life for teachers is enjoyable with a low cost of living and sufficiently good infrastructure, shops, cafes and restaurants to lead a semi-European lifestyle. Most teachers are able to save at least 75% of their salary and, at the same time, enjoy exploring Egypt.
• Honour’s degree from a UK university.
• Qualified Teacher Status / PGCE
(Although we will consider NQTs and we can offer a fully authorized induction program)
• Experience of teaching in the British education system either in the UK or in British international schools
• Satisfactory Police / DBS checks
Terms and Conditions /Advantages
• Very Competitive tax-free salary
• Furnished quality accommodation (excluding utility bills) with sole occupancy within walking distance of the school (minimum 2-bedroom furnished apartment for single teachers and 3-bedroom family accommodation for families) in a very pleasant suburb of Alexandria
• Annual return flights to the UK for the teacher, spouse and dependents
• Beginning and end-of-contract baggage allowance
• 2 free school places for dependent children (and 50% for a third child)
• Health insurance for teacher, spouse and dependents
• Small class sizes (typically 15 students in a class)
• Motivated students who want to learn
• Forward-looking British independent international school at the heart of the community with a family atmosphere
• Excellent professional development together with opportunities to take on the responsibility
• British international accredited (COBIS and BSME) not-for-profit school for children aged 3-18
• Vibrant North African Egyptian city with excellent opportunities for travel
If you would be interested in joining us, then please visit our website www.bsalex.net for further details and to download an application form. Please e-mail the completed application form together with a brief letter of application, of no more than two sides of A4, to email@example.com
The closing date is 19th September at 9am (UK time). In the case of receiving an exceptionally strong application prior to the closing date, we reserve the right to appoint earlier.
If you have any questions or would like any further details, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The British School, Alexandria
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
We have recently celebrated our 35th Anniversary and continue to be one of the leading schools in Alexandria and the surrounding area. We have close links with the British Embassy - our Patron is Her Britannic Majesty's Ambassador to Egypt. &nb...