Following the promotion of one of our teachers, we are currently looking to appoint an exceptional KS1 or KS2 class teacher who is highly motivated and well organised to join our happy staff team.
St Michael with St John CE Primary School is a very successful, two form entry primary school committed to delivering a broad and creative curriculum and providing our pupils with access to a wide range of extra-curricular activities, excellent resources and facilities.
Our delightful and exceptionally well behaved children ‘demonstrate extremely positive attitudes to learning’ (Ofsted Feb 2017). They are supported by our dedicated and highly skilled staff team who are committed to giving them the very best start to their education.
We would love you to take a look on our website www.smsjbwd.co.uk that provides lots of information about our school. We would also be delighted to show you around to see our school in action. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged from any interested candidates.
Our new Class Teacher will:
• Demonstrate excellent classroom practice with high expectations of children and staff.
• Have high expectations of learning, achievement and behaviour.
• Understand what high standards look like and how to attain them.
• Inspire, enthuse and motivate our pupils.
• Be able to establish and develop good working relationships with all members of the school community.
• Demonstrate a commitment to team building and collaboration as well as being able to work independently and use initiative.
• Have enthusiasm, drive and the willingness to go that extra mile for the children and families of SMSJ.
• Positively contribute to the wider life of our school.
• Be committed to SMSJ’s Christian ethos.
• Have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
• Be able to lead a subject throughout the school - with the exception of NQTs (to be determined based on the successful candidate’s experience and skills).
• Be a solution focused and positive teacher with high levels of professional integrity.
In return we can offer:
• A warm and welcoming school environment.
• Friendly, enthusiastic and well behaved children who are a pleasure to teach and whose behaviour is continually celebrated by both us and visitors to our school.
• Support for your continued professional development e.g. NQT induction programme / informal mentoring programme.
• An opportunity to work with highly skilled, dedicated teachers and leaders.
• The opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, professional learning team.
• Excellent support and mentoring.
• Opportunities to partner with other schools.
This is a great opportunity to join our successful school and have the chance to make a real and lasting impact. For further information and to arrange a visit to our school, please contact our School Business Manager Deanne Arden on 01254 665190 or email email@example.com
Application packs are available to download from the school’s website in the About Us – Vacancies section at www.smsjbwd.co.uk and should be returned to our School Business Manager, Deanne Arden by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability. St Michael with St John CE Primary School is committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
Closing Date: noon on Friday 26th April
Shortlisting: Monday 29th April
Observations in own setting: between 7th May – 17th May
Interviews/tasks: Tuesday 21st May