Job share - 26.25 hours per week
Are you a hard-working, dedicated teacher looking for your next opportunity and challenge?
Offa’s Mead Primary Academy (OMA) are located in Gloucestershire but are situated about a mile outside of Chepstow as well as within commutable distance of both Bristol and Wales. Approximately a third of our pupils are from Service families as we serve nearby Beachley Barracks. We are a ‘GOOD’ school (OFSTED 2014) and currently have 194 pupils on roll.
- We are seeking an experienced, committed Teacher with high standards and expectations to work within our supportive team.
- This is the perfect role for candidates who want to work in a primary school that supports teachers to develop effective learning and teaching methods as well as endorsing a healthy work /life balance.
- Be highly motivated and determined to make a real difference to the lives of our children
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner, focussed on pupil progress
- Be ambitious and committed to the pupils in your care
In return, we can offer you:
- A school where we collaborate share and support each other to make sure all children achieve their very best.
- A leadership team who welcome fresh ideas and traditional values.
- Well supported teachers who are committed to driving high standards.
- Significant opportunities to further your professional development.
- Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children who will make you proud to be a teacher.
‘All staff create a family environment in which pupils feel safe and well cared for. As a result, pupils are keen to learn, and share a sense of responsibility for each other’ - Ofsted 2014
‘The behaviour of pupils is good. Pupils are very supportive of each other. Typically, pupils are polite, friendly and considerate of others. They are well motivated, settle to their work quickly and enjoy their learning’ – Ofsted 2014.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This is a fixed term position until 31 August 2018 and is required either Easter 2018 or September 2018.
Closing date: Sunday 18 February 2018. Interviews will take place week commencing 19 February 2018.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. For further information on this position and to make an application please visit: www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/careers
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.