St John's Church of England Primary School
- Expiring soon
- Quick apply
- Job type:
- Part Time, Full Time, Fixed Term
- Start date:
- April 2018
- Apply by:
- 9 January 2018
KS1 Teacher - Full-time/Part-time
If you have a growth mindset, love teaching and have a passion for learning then our children need you! We are looking to appoint a creative and enthusiastic Year 1 teacher (s) to join our team in April 2018 on a fixed term contract until the end of August 2018. We are looking for someone who will promote our ambition to 'nurture the potential in everyone'. Newly and recently qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
We want a teacher who;
- is strong, confident and enjoys making a difference
- is reflective and willing to learn
- has a clear understanding of outstanding teaching and learning
- has high expectations of themselves and children
- has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- can contribute to and support the Christian ethos of our school.
We can offer:
- a friendly, welcoming atmosphere
- hardworking and committed staff and governors
- enthusiastic pupils
- opportunities for professional development
- coaching, support and mentoring
- an attractive and well resourced school.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please telephone the school office to arrange a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and a check against the ISA Barred list for children.
Information about the school
St John's Primary School is a Voluntary Controlled Church of England School situated in Tunbridge Wells. We have three forms of entry. We have strong links with our parent church of St John's and enjoy the excellent relationship we have with them. We offer a wide range of extra curricular activities to pupils.
Our vision is that St John's will:
- have a vibrant curriculum that engages, empowers and inspires a love of learning
- nurture children to achieve their potential by fostering independence, confidence and creativity
- draw upon our Christian values to equip children with tools for life.
In addition, we value honesty, respect, empathy, courage and inclusivity.
Application Closing Date: 23 January 2018, Midday
Interviews: 31 January 2018
Start Date: April 2018
Job Contact Information
- Name:Dan Turvey
- Address:Cunningham Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 9EW
- Telephone: 01892 678980
- Email: email@example.com
About St John's Church of England Primary School
- St John's Church of England Primary School
- Cunningham Road, Tunbridge Wells
- TN4 9EW
- United Kingdom
St. John’s Church of England Primary School is a mixed, mainstream, CofE primary school that caters for four to eleven year old students. Located in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, it accommodates approximately 650 pupils.
Dan Turvey B Ed (Hons) NPQH
Vision and values
St. John’s Church of England Primary School aims to provide a curriculum that engages, empowers and inspires a love of learning. It seeks to foster independence, confidence and creativity in every child and to instil Christian values to prepare them for later life. The school values are Honesty, Respect, Empathy, Courage, and Inclusivity.
The school focuses on literacy, numeracy and ICT. Learning and thinking skills, and personal, emotional and social skills, are built into every lesson. Every class follows a thematic topic approach, with cross-curriculum links. Sports are also a big part of school life.
“Standards reached by all pupils at the end of Year 6 are high compared to those reached by pupils in other schools. Pupils make good progress because teaching is good overall and improving over time. Pupils behave well. Pupils, staff, parents and carers agree that the school is a safe place. The subjects that pupils learn are planned around topics that are exciting, imaginative and enjoyable. This is a key factor in pupils’ positive attitudes to learning.”
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.