Chellaston Junior School is looking to appoint a class teacher to join our team.
At CJS, we inspire the whole school community, we nurture our learners’ curiosity and well-being and we aim for our pupils and staff to flourish as:
• Successful Learners who enjoy learning, make excellent progress and achieve very high standards across the curriculum
• Confident Individuals who are able to lead happy, safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
• Responsible Citizens who make a positive contribution to British and the global society
Rated good by Ofsted, we are an ambitious, forward thinking school with an extremely motivated group of staff and engaged pupils.
As a large (4 form entry) junior school and we can offer the successful candidate the opportunity to progress through their career with skilled and supportive guidance from school leaders and a network of colleagues in other schools. We are a tight-knit group of classes with a whole-school ethos which ensures we all aspire to the best outcomes for our pupils.
We are looking to recruit teachers who are:
• Full of personality and humour;
• Excellent team players with superb interpersonal skills;
• Emotionally intelligent and resilient;
• Highly skilled, especially in teaching all of the core subjects (especially mathematics);
• Able to demonstrate evidence of excellent subject knowledge
• Highly motivated and talented and who will help continue our drive for excellence in pupil outcomes;
• An inspiration to children;
• Committed to supporting the aspirational vision shared by the whole school;
• A creative practitioner with the ability to manage change effectively.
We are also specifically looking for candidates who have A Levels and/or Degrees in English or Mathematics. Please be aware that we are looking for a minimum requirement of grade B in both English and Mathematics GCSEs.
Visits to our school are encouraged. In the current climate, we are providing COVID-safe tours for prospective candidates but if this is not feasible for you, a telephone call with the Head teacher (Mr Alex Smythe) to discuss the role would be beneficial. Please contact us at school if you wish to discuss the role in more detail 01332 701460. If you wish to contact over the Easter break, please email Mr Smythe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are encouraged to apply indicating their strengths in Key Stage Two and to complete the 'Supporting Statement' section of the application form thoroughly, covering all relevant aspects of the Person Specification.
After initial shortlisting, selection tasks will take place in the week beginning 19th April.
Interviews for final shortlisted candidates will take place on Friday 23rd April.
Visits to our website at www.cjs.derby.sch.uk are also highly recommended.
Chellaston Junior School is committed to safeguarding children and this post is subject to a DBS check for a regulated activity.
Chellaston Junior School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 11 years
Chellaston Junior School is a school with many strengths and high expectations within a vibrant school community in the suburbs of Derby. With just over 500 pupils, we work in partnership with our parents to inspire children to believe in themselves ...