Applications are invited for the full-time post of KS2 Co-ordinator and KS2 Teacher of Art. The successful candidate will work across Surbiton High Girls’ Preparatory School and Surbiton High Boys’ Preparatory School.
The School has a warm and caring atmosphere where pupils can flourish; we put great emphasis on the personal development of each individual. The School is also strong in academic achievement; we achieve good results with our students in all subjects and have many pupils of above average ability who are highly motivated and achieve excellent outcomes. The School is highly committed to developing the staff on the team, ensuring that they are supported, encouraged to progress with their careers and empowered to lead on projects within the school environment.
As an Apple distinguished school, Surbiton High School is well placed to combine innovative approaches and blended techniques, alongside traditional pedagogy.
Job Purpose: To inspire, encourage and empower our students to achieve their very best in the subject of Art across the Girls’ and Boys’ Preparatory Schools
Tenure: Permanent, Full-Time
- To possess a deep and secure knowledge of the subject and the pedagogy associated with its teaching.
- To create a challenging and stimulating classroom climate that will motivate pupils to learn, think independently, take risks, empathise with others, and perform to the best of their abilities.
- To be aware of the learning needs of the pupils you teach and ensure that each pupil is given every opportunity to fulfil his/her potential.
- To follow develop long term plans in conjunction with the Head of Department for KS3.
- To plan Schemes of Work to coincide with the topics in KS2, consulting with KS2 class teacher.
- To promote and develop observational drawing skills; exploring a range of mediums and techniques.
- To develop long term plans focussing on the acquisition of key artist skills in conjunction with the Senior School Director of Art.
- To meet with the Director of Art regularly throughout the year to review pupil progress and celebrate outcomes.
- To share an understanding and appreciation of artists, designers and practitioners both historical and contemporary.
- To support colleagues as necessary and to work cooperatively as part of a team, attending all meetings and INSET.
- To participate in co-curricular school activities including clubs and residential field trips.
- To attend school functions.
- To be aligned to the School’s values and ethos by promoting the School’s ethos of ‘May Love Always Lead Us’ and ‘The Best in Everyone’.
- To contribute, as appropriate, to departmental policies, schemes of work, digital learning and other resources as well as development planning.
- To contribute to the organisation and running of co-curricular and enrichment activities for KS2.
- To undertake supervisory duties as required.
- To carry out any such duties as may be reasonably requested by the Principal.
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Good Honours degree
- A postgraduate teaching qualification (QTS desirable but not essential)
- Evidence of further relevant professional development would be an advantage
- Applications from Primary trained teachers welcome
- The ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues
- Experience of teaching Key Stage 2
- Experience of leading and collaborating with colleagues
- To continue to practice your own art
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and an ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents
- Ability to communicate concisely and sensitively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic approach to life.
- Committed to Surbiton High School’s ethos and strategic vision.
Please apply online by clicking on the following:
Closing date for application: 8:00am, Monday 1 March 2021
Interviews to be held week commencing: 8 March 2021
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email email@example.com
Surbiton High Prep Schools are culturally diverse and are fully committed to celebrating, respecting and learning about inclusion and diversity throughout the community.
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Where support is better shared United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.
Surbiton High Girls' Preparatory School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Girls school with students of age 4 - 11 years
Surbiton High School aims to inspire, encourage and empower its staff and pupils to be the very best they can be.
We are a school where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth o...