Smart Teachers is recruiting for a KS2 SEMH Teacher / KS3 SEMH Teacher / SEN Teacher to work within a school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. This independent school caters for students from Year 6 up to Year 9. The KS2 SEMH Teacher / KS3 SEMH Teacher / SEN Teacher will be required to teach subjects across KS2 / KS3 within a primary-based model. This is a full time role to start January 2019. An unqualified teacher or primary teacher could be considered for this role.
About the Role
· KS2 SEMH Teacher / KS3 SEMH Teacher / SEN Teacher
· January 2019 start
· Teaching core subjects across KS2 / KS3 (up to 20 pupils in total)
· Teaching cross-curricular project to their form (10 pupils, 1 lesson per day, including Science)
· Teaching PSHCE to their form
· To work with others to support pupils emotionally using the school’s therapeutic approach so that they can overcome barriers to learning; this inevitably includes effectively managing difficult behaviour throughout the day
· Ensuring books, assessments, reports and learning environments are outstanding
· Leading a team of 2/3 support workers to professionally and effectively achieve team goals
· £30,000 annual salary
About the School
· Independent school based in South East London
· Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
· Daily briefings are held with all members of staff, which is particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
· 35 students currently attend the school
· Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
· Chicken run onsite and the eggs laid are used in the kitchen
· Padded time-out room available
· Apple macs with the latest technology are found in every classroom
· Provides extensive professional development for staff
· Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid, as well as ongoing CPD support and workshops from the school.
In order to be considered for this role, the KS2 SEMH Teacher / KS3 SEMH Teacher / SEN Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree (preferred)
· Proven experience teaching SEMH students within the past two years (preferred)
· Keen on continuing PD portfolio
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD49788.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.