Applications are invited for the full-time post of Key Stage 2 Teacher at Surbiton High Boys’ Prep Schools, either based with the boys or the girls, dependent on the candidate. The successful post-holder will be a Form Tutor within Key Stage 2 for the 2021/22 academic year. The successful post-holder may also be a subject specialist, and may teach this subject to more than one year group. Applications are warmly invited from candidates with a range of expertise, although computing is a core area that the school is looking to build upon.
The school has a warm and caring atmosphere where pupils can flourish; we put great emphasis on the personal development of each individual. The school is also strong in academic achievement; we achieve good results with our students in all subjects and have many pupils of above average ability who are highly motivated and achieve excellent outcomes. The school is highly committed to developing the staff on the team, ensuring that they are supported, encouraged to progress with their careers and empowered to lead on projects within the school environment.
As an Apple distinguished school, Surbiton High School is well placed to combine innovative approaches and blended techniques, alongside traditional pedagogy.
Job Purpose: To inspire, encourage and empower our pupils to achieve their very best, and provide an environment where pupils develop academically and socially in an independent and self-confident way
Tenure: Permanent/ Maternity Cover, full-time (one of these roles will be a maternity cover in the first instance.)
- To teach all subjects as required to a class of pupils, undertaking all of the duties expected of a class teacher.
- To be committed to academic excellence and develop and implement programmes of study to ensure that each pupil develops at a good pace, fully understanding the spectrum of ability within the class, delivering lessons of a high and challenging pitch, which are skillfully scaffolded for those who may need it.
- To maintain a good up-to-date knowledge of the Key Stage 2 Curriculum and assessment procedures, as well as understanding current research on the theme of teaching and learning.
- To use a range of technology and software appropriate to the year group.
- To care deeply about every pupil in the school, getting to know their personalities and supporting them to be the best that they can be, taking responsibility for their welfare and social well-being.
- To be prepared to take on the role of Form Tutor, which will encompass academic, pastoral and administrative responsibilities.
- Tutors have oversight of their tutees’ general well-being and academic progress, and they are the first point of contact for parents.
- To be aligned to the School’s values and ethos by promoting the School’s ethos of May Love Always Lead Us and the Best in Everyone.
- To take an active role in developing skills, behaviours and attributes which contribute to ongoing learning, as well as benefitting the children and the school.
- To contribute, as appropriate, to departmental policies, schemes of work, digital learning and other resources as well as development planning.
- To maintain good order and discipline amongst pupils and be active in implementing the School’s policies for rewards and sanctions.
- To attend formal parents’ evenings and maintain effective communication with parents, as appropriate.
- To carry out any such duties as may be reasonably requested.
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Good Honours degree
- A postgraduate teaching qualification.
- Evidence of further relevant professional development.
- A good up to date knowledge of the KS2 Curriculum, including National Curriculum and ISEB.
- The ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues.
- Experience of teaching National Curriculum or ISEB at Key Stage 2.
- A proven track record of delivering on academic performance both in terms of attainment and progress.
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and an ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents.
- Ability to communicate concisely and sensitively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic approach to life.
- Committed to Surbiton High School’s ethos and strategic vision.
Closing date for application: 8:00am, Monday 1 March 2021
Interviews to be held week commencing: 8 March 2021
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email email@example.com
Surbiton High Prep Schools are culturally diverse and are fully committed to celebrating, respecting and learning about inclusion and diversity throughout the community.
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Where support is better shared United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.
Surbiton High Girls' Preparatory School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Girls school with students of age 4 - 11 years
Surbiton High School aims to inspire, encourage and empower its staff and pupils to be the very best they can be.
We are a school where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth o...