An all-through school, transforming daily the lives of our students
Start date: January 2018
Salary: Ark MPS (£23,490 - £34,670) /UPR (£36,826 - £39,599) (Outside London)
Hours: term time only (39 weeks per year)
Location: Kings Norton, Birmingham
Nearest train station/transport links: Five-minute drive from the M42, Junction 2, Kings Norton Station (25 mins walk), bus routes including the 35, 45, 49 and 84
Deadline: 10am on 12th December 2017
Ofsted: Good in all areas (2016)
Visits to our school are encouraged; to arrange, please call 0121 459 4451 and ask to speak to Mandy Cartwright, PA to Principal.
In 2015, Ark Kings Academy was named as the most improved academy in the country, and was rated ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in October 2016. This April, we were lucky enough to be moved into our brand-new school building (home to several impressive new facilities), and this has enabled us to continue our journey towards becoming a school of excellence. Ark Kings Academy has recently become an all-through school, meaning that or pupils begin their school journey with us– up until they leave for the career or university of their choice.
At Ark Kings Academy, our goal is simple: we want every child to be well prepared academically and socially for university or the career of their choice. We work hard to achieve this for our students, and we work hard to help our staff achieve this too.
Our successful candidate will:
- Deliver outstanding teaching and learning and therefore help students achieve excellent academic results.
- Provide a nurturing classroom and academy environment that helps students to develop as learners
- Plan, resource and deliver lessons and sequences of lessons to the highest standard that ensure real learning takes place and students make superior progress
Visit our website for more information on the school. For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact Mandy Cartwright on 0121 459 4451 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application online by visiting http://arkkingsacademy.org/vacancies. The deadline for applications is 10am on 12th December 017.
If you experience issues with the Ark portal or with the application form, please email email@example.com or call 0203 116 6345. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged.
Our Staff Development:
Staff development is key to our school improvement plan. Expectations are high and there is an array of tailored support and development opportunities available to help you reach them. At Ark Kings you will have access to:
- Online training, and bespoke learning and mentoring programmes
- Twice the standard number of training days for teachers throughout the year (10 days)
- Dedicated co-planning time
- High quality training from the Ark Network
- Hub Days - three times a year, people working in specific roles or subject areas get together to share best practice and deepen their subject knowledge with peers from across the Ark network.
Our Behaviour System:
Our rigorous behaviour system, means that teachers can focus on getting the best possible outcomes for students. Extra free periods are built into the school day to enable you have the time to get things done – whether that’s training, lesson planning or meetings.
As a member of staff at Ark Kings Academy, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country. Click here to find out more about the benefits of work for Ark Kings Academy.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.