Main Pay Range - Upper Pay Range
Permanent, Full Time
Inspire their remarkable with us
We warmly welcome applications from newly qualified teachers as well as more experienced practitioners!
We are a Primary Academy with an attached Nursery, situated in West Swindon, located just off J16 of the M4. There are currently just over 200 pupils on roll and pupils benefit from a modern, purpose built school building with extensive grounds. The Academy is at an exciting stage in its journey and is committed to securing the future of Hazelwood Academy as a centre of excellence and innovation, where talent is nurtured.
If you're passionate about teaching Primary students and would like to join a friendly, supportive and welcoming team of staff, we would love to hear from you. This is a permanent position to commence from September 2020 and we are happy to work with your interests and to your strengths in regards to what Year group you would teach.
Some of the things Hazelwood offers include:
- We have excellent transport links as we are situated just off the J16
- We have easy way access
- We have a beautiful, modern, purpose-built site so there are no draughts or mold to be found here! We are sparkling clean and fresh.
- We also have lush, green, extensive grounds and our own forest school facility
- We have very supportive parents who truly value the work that happens at the school and good links within the local community
- We have a track record of very successful NQT mentoring, both through our trust network (Academies Enterprise Trust) and our local Swindon network, so we can help you have a confident start to your teaching career. For more experienced colleagues, we also have regular CPD opportunities, both through the school and the trust and are always looking to develop our staff
- We have a team of happy, proactive and supportive colleagues who are welcoming of new staff
- We can also offer a staff well being package and recognize that a work-life balance is crucial for all our teachers and support staff
We warmly welcome visits so that you can see everything the school can offer you, for yourself. Please call us on 01793 497250 to arrange a time to pop in.
In joining our happy school, you also join our trust, Academies Enterprise Trust. We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Monday 30 March 2020
Interviews will commence shortly after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the 'Quick Apply' button below.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.