Required for September 2018
About the School:
• Good Ofsted rating
• Progress 8 for GCSE is the significantly positive 0.33
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• We are proud of our close community connections
• Admission preference is given to staffs’ children
• We are partially selective
• £3.5m school expansion
• The School is in a strong, stable financial position in this challenging climate
• We have an outstanding wellbeing programme offering
o Childcare vouchers
o Flu jabs
o Access to the Fitness Suite and swimming pool
o Pilates classes
o Yoga class
o Free eye tests
• Reputation of academic excellence
• Pearsons Award finalists – we are the highest School to have awards given by students. Over the last 2 years we have had 3 national finalists
• First class student support within an inspirational environment
• Specialisms are in Science and the Performing Arts
• We believe every child deserves the best and we aim to achieve excellence in all aspects of school life
• Our teachers are highly trained, dedicated and determined to help every child succeed
About the role:
Provide a strategic view of the development of the subject for your key stage area of responsibility and contribute to the Science Development Plan.
Provide leadership for staff, students and parents.
Be an example to all in (a) subject knowledge and (b) the highest standards of teaching and professional conduct.
Delegate as appropriate.
Establish and maintain a positive and productive work ethos, through encouraging a sense of teamwork and recognising the contribution of all staff.
Ensure that the relationships and standards of behaviour of staff and students fully support pupil learning.
To follow, participate and implement the school’s appraisal policy
Take the lead in promoting dynamic, innovative, positive and productive work habits such that all staff and students work in an atmosphere where they have the best possible chance of realising their potential.
Ensure that assessment is able to recognise the whole range of abilities and that these fit in with the whole school policy.
Promote and develop the sharing and implementation of good practice.