PE department at St Bede’s
St Bede’s has a fast developing Physical Education Department, which is well served by good facilities. On site there is a Sports Hall, a Gym, one purpose built dance studio, a PE Classroom, Astroturf, multipurpose grass pitch with 120m twelve lane running track and multipurpose outdoor courts serving netball, tennis and basketball. We have good partnerships with other schools and local clubs, and there are always opportunities to organise PE and sports activities at other venues.
The core aim of the Department is “Sport for all”, and we are focused on building our expertise so that all students will succeed in PE and carry their personal fitness forward into their adult lives. St Bede’s is proud to educate a significant number of elite athletes in the student body, including county and national performers. There are intensively focused and thriving school teams who compete in the area regularly in both girls’ and boys’ rugby, football, cricket, netball, badminton, rounders, athletics, gymnastics and trampolining.
The staffing of the department comprises the Head of Department, three other full-time staff, with one part-timer. Members of other departments at the school often assist with or lead after-school sports activities.
Core PE is delivered in Key Stage 3 and 4 to mixed ability groups. The department currently has two year 11 G.C.S.E. (Edexcel) classes, and two year 10 as well as one Cambridge National Sports Science group. We teach A level Physical Education, (OCR).
The role being advertised is a new responsibility appointment within the department for a full time PE colleague. The person appointed will have responsibility for co-ordination of PE studies within KS5 and for leading a KS5 vocational course.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, committed to extra-curricular sports provision and equally strong in the teaching of both practical and theoretical PE.
The role is to teach across all Key Stages and both G.C.S.E and A' Level.
Why work for us?
- St Bede's is a good place to work. Staff are friendly and supportive of one another: relationships between staff and pupils were recognised by Ofsted as 'exceptionally strong'.
- NQTs benefit from a well developed and comprehensive induction period programme. More experienced teachers are given the opportunity to participate in training which will help them to develop skills needed for middle and senior management roles.
- There are good on-site catering facilities. Staff are able to use the fitness facilities free of charge and to participate in sports activities.
- Music is a big part of school life and staff are welcome to join our senior choir and instrumental groups.
- We have a social event at the end of each term as well as occasional staff trips to the theatre.
- The school is situated in Redhill, a commuter belt town in the Surrey Fringe area. We are close to the M25 and there are good transport links to London and the South Coast from Redhill station which is about 15 minutes walk from the school. We also benefit from being within walking distance of beautiful countryside . Many staff live locally, others commute from Guildford, South London, Kent and East & West Sussex.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews will take place via video call.
St Bede's School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to the recruitment web site for St Bede's School where you will find details of current vacancies for both Teaching and Support Staff.
Please return to the site at another time if you do not find any suitable vacancies today. We update this p...